Why Shoulder Pellets??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can hear the pellet companies arguing now, They are all rated at premium grade(by PFI) so there isn't much of a difference. ;hm Yet our stoves seem to tell us otherwise. :p

Maybe if the rate em all at premium and make them all the same price?

What I find funny is that almost every store I've been to, tells me Green Supreme is the "premium" pellet and I should buy them because they're hardwood...ha ha

Reactions: jtakeman
What I find funny is that almost every store I've been to, tells me Green Supreme is the "premium" pellet and I should buy them because they're hardwood...ha ha
This fall I had a fella at Lowes suggest the Inferno's over the Green Teams. I said I didn't agree, the GT's were a much better pellet, Your even charging more for them! He said quietly that his boss told him to push the inferno's over whatever brand people were asking for. I guess he didn't want to look like a heel and through his boss right under the bus! ::-)

Last edited:
Most of the people I've talked to don't even own pellet stoves so they really have no idea what they're talking about. At the stove shop I went to (where they only carry one type of pellets-LG "Super Premium") he told me they all own pellet stoves and that's why they only carry top quality pellets....since they don't want to use anything less in their own stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.