1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Will moving my stove scratch the hearth pad?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by packerfan, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. packerfan

packerfan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    frozen tundra
    I just picked up a new hearth pad with a ceramic tiled top. Will my stove scratch the heck out of it if I slide it around on there?

I know I will have to move it at times for the purpose of cleaning, and maintainance. If sliding the stove will scratch it, what can be done to prevent marking it up. How do the rest of you all deal with this?

I'd really hate to ruin a hearth pad that looks pretty nice, any answers/comments would be helpful. Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BignBeefy

BignBeefy Member

Loc:
    Sandown,NH
    Yes,put a rag under the feet
  3. MainePellethead

MainePellethead Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    You can either put a rag OR.....those little round disks work awesome that you buy at store for moving things...there real easy to slip under each leg...
  4. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    Get someone to help you and lift it instead of sliding. I know the adapter will be siliconed in but break it loose before the lift. Eric
  5. packerfan

packerfan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    frozen tundra
    My Englander stove has no legs, so putting something underneath them is out of the question.

The stove appears to rest on the outside edges of the stove on the front and sides of it. The edge is straight down at the bottom. Maybe some rags would do the trick. Lifting it is not something for me due to my back.
  6. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    The round disks should still work. You'll just need to place them 3/4 of the way under the stove pedestal and it should slide easily.
  7. drizler

drizler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chazy, NY 12921
    Piece of thin cardboard slid under will keep it sliding easily too. Piece of beer or soda carton or similar. It always goes better and easier if you have another person to do any of this.type of thing.
  8. Capt Bill

Capt Bill New Member

Loc:
    cape cod
    When I slid my Englander stove off the pallet I took a couple of the thin cutting boards that are very flexible. This worked great when I had it where I wanted a slight lift and that side comes out.
  9. billb3

billb3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE Mass
    I find it's a lot easier to watch someone else do this sort of thing, too. More so if I also am enjoying a beverage at the same time.
  10. drizler

drizler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chazy, NY 12921
    I sure do too, just one thing. My telepathic powers being what they are it won't move very far or very fast.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.