will not start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackjrh

Hearth Supporter
Oct 29, 2008
Northeast
I have P2000I Breckwell fireplace insert. I have used it for a few years and experienced many of the problems discussed on this site. This year I thoroughly cleaned and lubed the insert, including taking the liner out and cleaning it. When I started using it the fire would burn flat and then after 10 minutes I would have smoke built up and it would go out. Turns out the top of the liner had insulation around that was blocking the air. I fixed this and it started working for a few weeks. I tried starting it 2 days ago and it drop a few pellets and then stopped with a blinking 2. I unplugged it and when I plugged it in and turned it on it dropped a couple pellets but never really started and the only light on is the on/off. I tried bypassing the POF thermodisk with no luck. Any advice would be appreciarted. I tried it again bypassing POF and everything started except the combustion blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.