Windows open!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Stove is cold, boiler is off. House is 72. Its early march in upstate NY.

Pretty much the same here in East Tennessee. Per my Nest report, we used half the heat in February that we did in January...

77 outside here and I've been in shorts all week...

Last edited:
Not quite that warm here, but next week is upper 70's for a few days. Crazy. It will probably snow in may.

46F and fire has been going all day.

In my part of the Monadnock region of New Hampshire, the record high for this day of the year was 62 degrees. It hit 73 degrees today. I'm hoping for more cold so I can put my Progress Hybrid to use after it's installed next week...

Reactions: huauqui
My fire is probably out by now. Last loaded it about 24 hours ago with about 3/4 of a load, and had it on low burn all night and all day. Time for a small fire just to keep the house 70ish through the night (it's only going down to 50 tonight).

I cleaned up some oak and pine branches from a recent windstorm out of the yard today; from the dead ones, got enough dry wood to heat the house for a week in this weather!

Spent all day outside today. I will be sad to see stove season go, but not THAT sad!

Sixties and seventies all week so far. I'm loving the warmup, but I don't think we are done yet. Enjoy this while it's here.

This is what we will be facing for the week in cumulative rainfall. The west coast is getting hammered.
caprec_mar.jpg

Reactions: Heftiger
If I'm reading that right, there are regions of the Pacific Northwest coastline that will be seeing upwards of 5 inches?!

If I'm reading that right, there are regions of the Pacific Northwest coastline that will be seeing upwards of 5 inches?!
Yes, we've set a record every month since October. Looks like March will too. 3.3 inches is our normal monthly average for March. Normally I like el Nino winters but this one is the pits.

it's stove withdraw here in se pa ... 3 days- no lugging pellets, cleaning ash, filling the humidifier... what's a guy to do?

BBQ and fire pit!

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
I'm still burning daily but not 24/7 anymore. I stoke it for overnight and then let it go out until the next afternoon. We're still seeing lows down to freezing here

Record of 82 F today and going higher tomorrow. Think I will pass on a fire tonight.

Yep. My globe is warming. I will have burned less wood this year than I have in the last 30 years.

We may end up burning the most wood we've ever burned. 95% of it shoulder season burning.

We may end up burning the most wood we've ever burned. 95% of it shoulder season burning.
I was starting to think I've been doing something wrong. I think this spring and summer I'm going to have to really go at it to keep up with my three-season goals. Which I don't mind, but this weather is pretty weird.

Record temps here in Maine yesterday as well.

Windows were open.

But we still did a morning and evening fire.

Heating season is not over yet.

Oh sure, beautiful weather back home while I'm in Florida. The spring training games are great, but overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.