WIRE BRUSH ON S/S FELX PIPE?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

budman

Minister of Fire
Nov 13, 2006
Valley Cottage,NY
Just wanted to fined out if i can use a wire bursh on s/s felx pipe or am i doing harm to the pipe.THANKS

cozy heat for my feet said:
There are a couple of threads out there that cover this in depth. The general consensus is to stick with poly brushes for SS.

Corey
THANKS COREY

Make sure the chimney is cool before you poke that poly brush into it.

I seem to recall something about how you can use a wire brush if it's one inch in diameter smaller than the pipe, but I think it's best to stick with poly in any event. Over time I think the steel brush will scratch the surface of the SS, shortening its life.

Eric Johnson said:
Make sure the chimney is cool before you poke that poly brush into it.

I seem to recall something about how you can use a wire brush if it's one inch in diameter smaller than the pipe, but I think it's best to stick with poly in any event. Over time I think the steel brush will scratch the surface of the SS, shortening its life.

THANKS ERIC

Status
Not open for further replies.