Wiring the Blower for my Country Stove GC3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klatta

May 5, 2007
I am planning on wiring the blower so that the electrical cable is hidden rather than coming out the front

My fireplace is made out of metal and the bottom is fully accessible from the outside.

Is there a special wire I should be using? Maybe something that can stand the heat?

Any other sage advice you have on this task would be greatly appreciated.

I have done plenty of electrical work, just none near something so hot.

Thanks

Keith

Klatta, it's common to see wire with a heavy silicone jacket in high heat applications like commercial ranges and ovens.I don't know what operating temps. it is certified for nor if it could be used in your application...but it's worth checking into.Maybe an inspector or fire official could state what is permissible and what isn't?

It would depend on the heat in the area, what is the cord that is there now?
High temps would be something like TGGT but is a single conductor and needs to be run in conduit..
Most cords that come with stoves are SJ type and most are rated at 90* C.
I'm sure this would be fine, BUT the UL listing is probably only with the cord exiting the front of the stove as it is now... Just a heads up.
I'm not even sure if this post helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.