Wood burning season coming up!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
I'm very anxious to see what two stoves will do for the house. They will not offer whole house heating with my floor plan but it will be interesting to see what the second stove offers. Will I use less wood in the main stove? How much in oil usage will it cut down on? Will the cats and dog catch fire from laying too close to the stoves this year? How hard will it be to get the burnt fur smell out of the house?

Can't wait.

BrowningBAR said:
Will the cats and dog catch fire from laying too close to the stoves this year?

No. They move right before the point of combustion. But if they move too fast, the friction might be the catalyst for ignition, so you will see them move away very slowly. They are smart that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.