Wood ID Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

num1hitter

Feb 9, 2012
Reading, PA
Any help on the wood ID is much appreciated. I got this scrounge yesterday. I still am working on my wood ID skills.

Attachments

• IMAG0455.jpg
    IMAG0455.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMAG0456.jpg
    IMAG0456.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 120
Is it a heavy mofo and smells kinda like cow manure? It looks like Shellbark Hickory to me and if it is it is GREAT STUFF!! I'm coming down the road to get it lol ! Just kidding ==c ;)

I was hoping it was hickory but truly had no idea. It is really heavy.

Big fan of any kind of Hickory also

I was going to say hickory but did not know what type. Any type, I believe, is really good firewood.

Is it a heavy mofo and smells kinda like cow manure? It looks like Shellbark Hickory to me and if it is it is GREAT STUFF!! I'm coming down the road to get it lol ! Just kidding ==c ;)
Yep, Shag bark, the one I scrounged up last year, the sap was bubleing out of the stump and smelled like vomit

Status
Not open for further replies.