Wood Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan44

Oct 18, 2007
CT
I will be looking at a used Vermont Castings Dutchwest wood insert tomorrow. A guy is asking $750 for it, used one season. is there anything any of the experienced users could tell me about this unit? will i need a full steel chimney liner? my chimney is lined with clay that is in good shape. what will it cost to have the chimney lined (if i have to) and the insert installed? thanks in advance for your response.

If it's a DW2500 model I'd run away as fast as you can, look back a ways or use the search for the VC DX2500 threads, not pretty at all.. I'm still stuck with mine and the Mrs is not a happy camper as she's scared to death of it :(

T

I know that last season you could pick up the same insert with the Century name on it for $850 new at ACE Hardware. And contrary to what one forum member says the Century line has cast iron doors just like a Dutchwest.

Same stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.