Wood pellet stove catches fire in Woolrich; house not damaged

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Not enough info here to determine what went wrong?

http://www.lockhaven.com/page/content.detail/id/535456.html

November 26, 2011
The Express
Save | Post a comment | Bookmark and Share

WOOLRICH - No structural damage was reported from a wood pellet stove fire Wednesday night, Woolrich Fire Chief Brandon Coleman said.

The fire was at the Jeff and Deb Schlesinger house, 442 Park Ave., Woolrich, at 11:35 p.m., Coleman said.

"There was no damage to the house. The stove had some damage. It was not working propely," he said. "The homeowner was able hit it with an extinguisher and knock the flames down."

Volunteers from the Woolrich and Avis fire companies responded, and helped to remove the pellets from the stove, ventilate the house and clear the area before leaving about an hour later, Coleman said.

smoke show said:
Tis the season.

Don could you look for good news?

Depressing. Sorry to hear about the Fires.... But good news would be better....

How about, "Pellet stove saves kitten from freezing!"

You just don't see headlines like that, and it happens everyday!

Dave

DneprDave said:

Dave

Hasn't prevented my wife's kitten from freezing...Oh that's not what you were talking about, was it?? ;-P

Eatonpcat said:
DneprDave said:

Dave

Hasn't prevented my wife's kitten from freezing...Oh that's not what you were talking about, was it?? ;-P
sometimes they get frigid with time, you just need to warm it up again.

My stove catches fire several times a day. But the fire seems to be contained to the burnpot area, so I am not going to worry too much.

Eatonpcat said:
DneprDave said:

Dave

TMI

They said the firemen removed the pellets from the stove and ventilated the house....My guess is a hopper fire. Glad there was no damage to the house or living beings within!

Chan

Status
Not open for further replies.