Wood stove at deer camp, bring your own wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bio bricks sound like a good solution. I'd be tempted to bring a kerosene heater, too, just to be on the safe side. (Hope I don't get banned for that!)

Right now, in this area, Giant offers kiln dried wood for $4.99 per bundle. If it is a decent medium size stove you will go through about 5 bundles a day. 3 if it is a smaller stove, like an Intrepid. That's 25 bucks a day ($15 for a smaller stove). $125-175 for the entire trip ($75-125 for a smaller stove) . Not awful and you won't have to fight with the stove.

If it's an old smoke dragon, just bring an axe and some Super Cedars.

I got some more info on the wood and the delivary is to replace the wood we use that has been seasoned and stacked already at the camp. I should have known those wise old PA deer hunters know how to stay warm. I guess we are going to Tidioute PA for those who asked. Getting excited......

Yeah you will need lenty of wood up there. Buck season is a chilly time of year in those mountains. Was just up in that region this weekend, saw my first snowflakes of the season and we had the old hearthmate crankin! Saw a few nice bucks while inwas turkey hunting didn't see any turkeys.... Probably see them in buck season

Status
Not open for further replies.