Wood Stove Chimney Pipe Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DItR

Jan 12, 2016
Colorado
We just purchased our first wood stove and are looking in to what it will take to put in our chimney. What we would like to do is: from the stove go up about a foot then to a 45 degree elbow that will connect to a 1-2 foot long pipe sloped towards the interior wall and connecting to another 45 degree elbow that will connect to the chimney pipe that will go through the wall thimble.

Our pantry closet is on the other side of the wall. In the pantry we will have a "T" clean out section with a wall support and where the chimney will then go up to a fire stop radiation shield to go through the floor in to a bedroom on the floor above. Chimney will go through the bedroom to the ceiling to another fire stop radiation shield, then an attic radiation shield. Chimney will then continue to the roof and through roof flashing to about 4-5 feet above the roof with a roof bracket and it will terminate with a spark arrestor and chimney cap. I will build a chase in the pantry and the bedroom.

Does this sound doable and is there anything that I might have left out that we would need?
Greatly appreciate any advice people have to offer. Thanks,
J

Sounds about right to me but if there is any way to do it it would be much better and cheaper to go straight up off the top of the stove

Sounds about right to me but if there is any way to do it it would be much better and cheaper to go straight up off the top of the stove
That would be ideal but because of the bedroom above the stove we wanted to try & move the chimney to make the room user friendly & are willing to pay a little more to make that happen. Don't want to pay more but where the chimney was going originally was not going to be good for that bedroom.
Thanks for your input. GREATLY appreciated!

That would be ideal but because of the bedroom above the stove we wanted to try & move the chimney to make the room user friendly & are willing to pay a little more to make that happen. Don't want to pay more but where the chimney was going originally was not going to be good for that bedroom.
Thanks for your input. GREATLY appreciated!
Yeah some times straight up just doesn't work out

Status
Not open for further replies.