Wood stove for a 400-square-foot cabin?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have a TN19 in a remote cabin half the size of yours. The cabin is for winter use. I am VERY pleased with the stove. It is often below 0 F inside when I arrive. Doesn't take long to heat the place up, and seems to be very well constructed. I prefer the north south loading, and like the large window. Initially I was concerned it would be too much stove. Not at all.

Reactions: begreen
I have a TN19 in a remote cabin half the size of yours. The cabin is for winter use. I am VERY pleased with the stove. It is often below 0 F inside when I arrive. Doesn't take long to heat the place up, and seems to be very well constructed. I prefer the north south loading, and like the large window. Initially I was concerned it would be too much stove. Not at all.
That is very reassuring! Thanks for posting, Bettles. I appreciate it!