Wood Stove for covered patio?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1007

Jan 9, 2015
Palm Springs Ca
I have an insulated aluminum covered patio with 15 feet clearance and a solid concrete base. I need something to warm it up on cold days without feeding it wood constantly. I was thinking of getting a wood stove to do this and run the pipe to the outside air above the cover. Price is no real object but I want to know if a wood stove would be a good solution instead of an electric heater. I don't want to use gas if I don't have too. I was going to put it on a hearth pad and build a five foot stone wall around it to push the heat across the patio and to store extra wood in stone made holders one each side of it.

Would this setup work to heat the patio or is a wood stove just for inside?

Opinions or suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.