Wood Stove Liner installation - Fairfield,CT ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdCT

Nov 30, 2009
Norwalk,CT
Can anyone suggest reasonably priced chimney liner installers in Fairfield County, Connecticut? I have an Avalon 1196 instert I am looking to have installed.
Any a help is appreciated.

Well, after I did some research on here and got my insert, I had all the usual suspects that work in the area come out for estimates. It was apparent many did not know what they were doing, some were unlicensed and others refused to get a building permit...all warning signs. They all insisted insulation or a blockoff plate were not necessary and that it wouldn't fit in my chimney. I finally found one guy that was pretty knowledgable that wanted to insulate the liner and install a block off plate as his standard install. He was obviously more expensive then the other guys but I finally went with him because the others honestly scared me. He came and did the install and everything went smoothly. He has his own liner ovalizer and other stuff to customize your install. He was courteous and returned my calls promptly and his business was the only one in the area without a complaint lodged against it with the state (I did my homework). Out of the pool of "installers" in the area, he's the only one I would recommend.

Professional Chimney Sweeps of CT
Ed Sul
203-929-9885
203-259-3101

I have a hard time using "reasonably priced" and "Fairfield County" in the same sentence. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.