Wood, Warmth, Water and Women?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy, around our house it is a bit different. I am the one who is cold and the wife always says it it too hot. Simple solution; we keep it so that I am comfortable and she removes clothing.

I run that one by her. Do you keep the curtains closed?

Andy, we live in the woods; we are about 100 yards off of the dead end road and we can't see any neighbors. Live is good!

LLigetfa said:
As for that M time of life, you have my sympathy. If she's not open to HRT or plant based estrogen extracts, buy some wool long johns and stay out of her way.

Imagine sleeping with a furnace! I froze all winter and summer them she discovered the magic of HRT. Life is better now.

RoseRedHoofbeats said:
I plan on reveling in the fact that was the firemaster in this house, I can heat the place up to 80 degrees and there's NOTHING MY HUSBAND CAN DO ABOUT IT MWAHAHAHA.

~Rose

Except open a few windows and doors.......lol

andybaker said:
I run that one by her. Do you keep the curtains closed?

Yup, sounds like she has too much clothing o, thus making her too warm.

You may want to consider letting her take the burqua off around the house..... ;)

You all are too funny :lol: I'm going to check into some of these sugestions though, thanks everyone.

Thanks Dog, I love new concepts. I think your all on to something here about the mold. I checked the windows and there's a little black in some of the crevises
and corners that looks like mildew. Could that little bit cause a problem like this? If so, and good ideas on how to get it killed and cleaned being in such a small
area. I'm thinking about using a product I have called Mold Control by Concrobium that I've used in my kids bathroom to eliminate a mildew spot on their ceiling.
Just never thought about using it on glass. Suppose it won't hurt to just try. Anyway, thank you all for all the input.

You can google the exact recipe but some bleach and some laundry detergent with a toothbrush will get the difficult mold out of the corners. If your windows are aluminum or wood that is painted test in a small area first.

Status
Not open for further replies.