WOODBOSS 028?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New cyclinder, piston, rings, plugs, lines, gaskets, compression release, carb rebuild kit.

So..... Bought a compression tester and tested the 036. It was at 90. Which definitely isnt good. I pulled the cylinder and piston and put the new meteor piston, rings, and cylinder on with a new gasket. I also got a new compression release. Tested out compression with the new stuff and got 150...... I think once the rings seal it should bump up a little more as well so im happy. Got it fired up and runs great! The chain on it is shot. So need to get a new bar and chain for it then do some more tuning but this saw is pretty strong.

Thats awesome! Glad to hear that it made such a big difference for you. Run it like you stole it to break it in, and that should help the rings seat. I know you had talked about trying to swap the longer bar off the 028, but I would just go get a new setup thats 3/8 and let her eat.

yea I will be on the look out for a 20" bar that is 3/8, .50 for this.

I think I will just leave the 20" bar on the 028 for now. It actually is kinda nice for limbing.

Ok so cut about a cord of wood today. I was using the 036 for a while and it was cutting pretty good and was pretty strong considering the chain is trashed on it. Then grabbed the 028 and OMG!!!!! I can't believe how much more power the 036 had. Its been 3 weeks or so since I used the 028 so I was thinking they were pretty close to each other power wise but once I used them side by side it was night and day difference. Cant wait to get a good chain for this thing next week.

Reactions: TreePointer
Status
Not open for further replies.