Woodstock Fireview - Scoop Kit replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cstrail

Oct 7, 2007
Central Illinois
Hi all.
My fireview looks like it needs a scoop kit replacement. Mine is the older cast iron version and to me it looks like it is bowed or sagging. I don't remember it being this way before so maybe it needs replaced. has anyone else had to replace theirs? Evidently it must be kind of common. My question though is this. I went to woodstock's website and the kit is now stainless steel and NOT cast iron. Is there a reason why this changed? Does the stove operate better with the replacement scoop? If anyone has changed this - is it a hard job? Just questions I had.

cstrail said:
Hi all.
My fireview looks like it needs a scoop kit replacement. Mine is the older cast iron version and to me it looks like it is bowed or sagging. I don't remember it being this way before so maybe it needs replaced. has anyone else had to replace theirs? Evidently it must be kind of common. My question though is this. I went to woodstock's website and the kit is now stainless steel and NOT cast iron. Is there a reason why this changed? Does the stove operate better with the replacement scoop? If anyone has changed this - is it a hard job? Just questions I had.

There was a thread on this fairly recently, and IIRC, Woodstock changed the material so... wait for it... it wouldn't sag. I'm afraid I can't remember the other details. Others may tell you, or if you search for "scoop" there's a very nice thread, that even includes diagrams, etc.

HTH, and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.