Woodstock Open House preliminary

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Okay folks, we got the word and the Woodstock Open House is scheduled for October 8. By then we can really see how this big new stove is being put together.

How many will make plans for attending? btw, our leader, Craig will be helping out at the Open House again but I'll let him tell which part he will be taking. There will be another new thing announced at the Open House and another member of this board will have lots to do with that. I hope this gets the curiosity going!

Who will be attending?

1. Backwoods Savage; aka Dennis & Judy
2. Craig (webmaster)

3. Fireman; aka Tony and TJ (slightly dependent on TJ's Saturday school schedule that day)

I had to change to #3 cause mean old Craig snuck in front of me!

Tony, check your email.

I'm going to try, but it's still too far out to know for sure.

By the look of mapquest we are about 6 hours away...I would be very interested in going....gonna bring it up to Mr Gamma.....

Hah, I wasn't invited yet!
I'm checking with them and seeing if we can piggyback somehow - but, heck, don't want to crash a party that's not mine!

I'll let y'all know ASAP if this is official or non-official. Dennis probably knows a lot more than I do...I don't even see the shindig listed on their site!

Craig, the date was set just this morning. Sometimes news travels fast and sometimes slow. We got it by air mail today.

Driving down 23, Dennis? I'll wait on the side of the road for you.

Hey Jeff, if the wife decides not to go we just might do that. We have not decided if we will be making a stop at our son's place in PA but we will be making a few stops visiting a few other hearth.com members. I'll surely keep you in mind though.

I will look into it. Missed last year.

Yes Steve, we expected you last year but couldn't find you.

Hmmmm . . . I was hoping to go . . . and it turns out I may be in New Hampshire anyways as a friend of mine has a condo he rents that weekend . . . maybe I can convince him to swing through that area or I can swing by the shop.

Jake if you don't show up I will be one disappointed guy.

I would love to go and see were these fine stoves are built, It"s to far for a old southern boy to go, never been that far in yankee country before,but maybe some day

West Lebanon in October- sounds like a great day...I am going to put it in the calendar, but may have to be in RI that weekend.

Won't make the Woodstock open house this year. In as much as Brotherbart is in VA, maybe me and him can make a joint visit to Monroe VA and tour Englander factory....... ;)

Bill

RIDGERUNNER30 said:
I would love to go and see were these fine stoves are built, It"s to far for a old southern boy to go, never been that far in yankee country before,but maybe some day

Hey Ridgerunner, it is a bit over 1,000 miles from our place too. A long drive for sure but there should be some good fall colors to help with the traveling.

Hmm, the gears are turning. About 300 miles for me.

pen

OK, semi-officially, Hearth.com (ME) will be there and will be buying the beer or deserts, etc.

More to come.
That usually means I am there the Saturday if it is a fri and sat, but it is possible I might show for both. But almost definitely Sat (there is always the chance of life getting in the way, but I am 98% on this one).....

I think BB should be in attendance as well since he is an "Administrator" now...Hopefully Craig will send the "Company" aircraft to pick him up.... :)

Craig, I knew you would be involved and we're looking forward to seeing you there again. We do want to thank you for taking part in this Open house and your generosity in furnishing those wonderful beverages.

I probably will be there..

Ray

Man I would love to be able to make it up and see the new stove in person if only it wasn't so far.......I envy all of you who will be able to make it and hope you take some great photos to share with the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.