1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Woodstock Party Pics - Brother Bart shows up in Woodstock!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by webbie, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    My wife and I are both already talked into it. We just have to come up with the money.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    If you sell that Fireview at the right time you could shorten the money span issue.. Buying a Woodstock is almost a cult thing like Harley Davidson lol.. Personally I think it's worth the trip! My wife never saw the stoves in person so she can't relate as well as we can..

Ray
  3. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    Thank God for that :)
  4. ciccio

ciccio Member

Loc:
    new jersey
    Pleasure meeting you Gamma and your husband I will keep everyone updated on the stove once I get it installed, it's going to be some job getting that beast up on my hearth... Woodstocks customer service in by far the best in it's class they spend so much time with you and answer every question you have and if they don't know a answer they are honest and tell you they are not sure or will get back to you when they know the answer very honest people.

ciccio
  5. macmaine

macmaine New Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    Sorry to have missed you all
    I was driving from Me to Vt
    With my 17 y.o. To look at colleges
    But stopped on Sunday
    DOH!
    Closed Sunday jokes on me!

Ah well maybe next year

Tom
  6. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    Most definitely
  7. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Jags, sadly Jake and I did not have enough time so I could teach him the proper method of splitting wood. I think I explained it well to his partner though and he agreed. You see, God made trees to stand vertically and any that are grown horizontally are freaks of Nature. Need I continue this or do you get the gist of where it was going from there?
  8. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Ciccio and his lovely wife were great at Woodstock and it was our pleasure to meet with them. He will be getting his stove before we will too.

btw, the ash pan they had at the factory last weekend is NOT the final product but was put together quickly just to show about what it will be like. Actually there were a few other things that were not finished too, such as the numbers on the draft control which will be added and, of course, they are still working on the thermostatic control and a few other upgrades. One thing I really pushed Tom on is the firebox door handles. It will really be a big upgrade if they finally get a handle which can be turned or pulled without using a tool or gloves. I do believe that is in the works along with many other things.
  9. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan

Perhaps a pair of skis would do?
  10. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Exactly, at our age ending up horizontal is not something we want to think about. It is the end for a tree and...
  11. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    How do you stack that vertically split wood? Also interested in your stove loading, lol. I hope you put that Jake guy in his place, though.
  12. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Danno, Jake is a really nice guy like most of the rest of us are too. He even brought some really neat stuff with him. And the wood is stacked horizontally because it is dead.
  13. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    Someday I hope to meet you all, too. Jake especially. I really wanna see for myself if he is as wordy as he is on the forum :D
  14. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Butch, it was a pleasure meeting and talking to you.
  15. ciccio

ciccio Member

Loc:
    new jersey
    Dennis it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife I had a great time talking to you....
  16. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    1) I was good and didn't really get into it much with Dennis . . . actually we hugged, cried, hugged again and he agreed that splitting wood horizontally is the best way to split wood . . . it could have been the beer talking though. ;)

2) 10-15 feet . . . depending on the wind conditions.
  17. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    And several days later . . . still no avatar . . . good to meet you ISkiatomic.
  18. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    I think it was great . . . then again I brought down a 12-pack . . . although my wife cautioned me to just pour a bit into cups since Moxie isn't for everyone . . . apparently some folks think it tastes horrible . . . although Craig was trying to be diplomatic when I asked what he thought about it.
  19. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine

Moxie is good stuff . . . glad to hear you found a source.
  20. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    I told my buddy Aaron about Voxie/Modka . . . of course he likes to mix it with Rum . . . Rumie? Moxum? :)

It was a good time . . . but apparently I left way too soon.

Dennis actually put down a deposit . . . I know he was ruminating on the idea . . . I know I was seriously tempted to kick my beloved Oslo to the curb, but if I did that I would be following it soon thereafter as I know my wife would think I had gone over the edge . . . and yes . . . it really is that good looking a stove.
  21. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    What? No mention of the Maine Prize Package you won Butch? And here I thought you were really touched by winning this fantastic prize package? ;) :)

Then again, no one even mentioned the whoopie pies and needhams (candy made out of mashed potato) I brought down from Maine . . . ;)

And again . . . I clearly left way too early . . . next year I'll have to plan out things better.
  22. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Good eye Jags . . . that would be your hat I promised you . . . the hat will be in the mail soon.
  23. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Cool beans. Thanks a bunch.
  24. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Whoa . . . whoa . . . whoa . . . a couple errors here.

Error 1 -- As I recalled it you agreed with me that splitting horizontally is the best way to split . . . but it could have been the beer talking. ;)

Error 2 -- Not that there is anything wrong with it . . . but my "partner" is a good friend who I lured down to the open house by telling him about the free beer and pig roast . . . although he told me getting the free T-shirt and learning about the new stove technology was interesting for him as well. My wife meanwhile was back in Maine looking for our missing cat.
  25. firefighterjake

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Again . . . it has to be the lingering effects of the beer. ;) :)