Woodstock Party Pics - Brother Bart shows up in Woodstock!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flatbedford said:
pen said:
I agree, evolved sounds much better.

I would have taken the cooler over to the tent but I wasn't sure how they felt about others bringing beer on their property.

pen

They didn't mind when we busted out the liquor. A few Woodstock employees helped us finish a bottle of Vodka, claiming that they couldn't get it in NH.

And now we know :) Next year we will be better prepared.

pen

While we were hanging out, a couple G4's and other corporate jets taxied right past the shindig - the airport is right across the street.
Maybe next year we can send one around the east to pick up BB, Jags and others who are a bit too far!
:cheese:

But it will require lots of clicking on ads....

You could save a few bucks and send out a hot air balloon for them. Lord knows there would be enough hot air to fly the thing! This one came in while we were tailgating.

raybonz said:
pen said:

I would have taken the cooler over to the tent but I wasn't sure how they felt about others bringing beer on their property.

pen

Pen I want to know what you were smoking in that pipe..

Ray

Captain Black (white pouch)

pen

GAMMA RAY said:
Danno77 said:
raybonz said:
Yeah Gamma keeps him fit installing woodstoves and moving them around like furniture.. Of course splitting and hauling wood helps George stay in shape too!
Do we have him hooked up with an account here, or is Gamma afraid of the things he'd tell us about her?

Mr Gamma is not a registered user here....yet....

As for the BB pic....Craig and I had that planned out....but HE brought the pics dammit.... :lol:
My husband kept asking...."Who is that guy in the black and white photo?.....haven't I seen that somewhere before?".... :lol:

Just an FYI about my bracelets.....they weigh 2-3 lbs all together, pandora and trollbead bracelets...I had them in my sig but Mr Gamma made me take it out.... >:-(
They are worth a small fortune....probably two, three good saws and a splitter perhaps...ok I am embarrassed to say that, yes it is a problem...Nine years worth of collecting...Mr Gamma hates them...

must be a little tricky whenever there is an electrical storm in the area. Might wanna stay inside and back away from the windows and door.................

Danno77 said:
At what distance could Gamma's jingling wrist-wear be heard?

We got lost on the way there, so I opened the car window and just followed the sound. Led me right to her.

Must be a good workout, look at those buff arms underneath the sleeves of that blouse! I actually caught her running out the back door with the demo Progress Hybrid in her arms, but I convinced her to put it back.

And that was while it still was burning! :coolgrin:

Flatbedford said:
pen said:

pen

They didn't mind when we busted out the liquor. A few Woodstock employees helped us finish a bottle of Vodka, claiming that they couldn't get it in NH.

They snookered you into feeling sorry for them. I don't know of any booze you can't get in NH. That's why I cross the river to get mine.

Butch

raybonz said:
Fred61 said:
I post in the Boiler room and lurk in the Hearth Room. Since I had to be in the area to pick up a FED-X package and actually drive past Airport Road, the plan was to stop by and possibly slurp down a free beer or two. After meeting the fine folks from Hearth, I ended up staying all day. I did sneak out at about 2:30 to pick up my package and then returned and stayed 'till late afternoon. I had wanted to meet Dennis since he seems to be an interesting personality from what I see of his posts. Found out we are nearly the same age and of similar backgrounds.
I found it amazing how similar the members are in personality and sense of humor. You are a great bunch!!

Butch

Butch I enjoyed meeting and chatting with you as well! Why is your handle Fred when your name is Butch?

Ray

I'm in the witness protection program!! :) Actually first born son---- Father = Fred---- 61 = the number on his milk cans that brought milk to co-operative creamery way back when Lassie was a puppy.

Flatbedford said:
You could save a few bucks and send out a hot air balloon for them. Lord knows there would be enough hot air to fly the thing! This one came in while we were tailgating.

They will have a Englander 30NC with a short flue pipe in the basket providing lift for the balloon instead of fuel tanks. It will only require 6 splits to make the trip.

fishingpol said:
Flatbedford said:

They will have a Englander 30NC with a short flue pipe in the basket providing lift for the balloon instead of fuel tanks. It will only require 6 splits to make the trip.

If they used a Blaze King King it could orbit the earth 6 times before refueling! :)

Ray

Hey Jake - I noticed you have a hat in your hands.......... :cheese:

And BroB - that man bag you have to your right is....uh....stylish??

Attachments

• jakehat.jpg
    jakehat.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 450
HA! I see you buggerz are talking about my bracelets!!!! :cheese:
I could have bought 2 new Hybrid Progress stoves for what they are worth....

I have to tell you guys I was a bit embarrassed when some of the employees knew my name was Gamma Ray right off.... :red:
It could have been a good or bad thang.....not sure, but the employees were so cool there.
BTW....the NH accent is sexy..... ;-P I also noticed a lot of young men there with full, long beards...equally sexy... ;-)

It was a pleasure ciccio meeting you as well as your beautiful wife. I am glad we had an opportunity to talk about the great customer service you received from the folks at Woodstock. Actually you should tell the other burners here about the great service...
Looking forward to hearing your progress on "The Progress".....
Pics or it didn't happen!!! ;-)

BTW...if anyone else pm's me....I can't respond....I exceeded the amount allowed in 24 hours....I got a lot of pms about the trip dammit.... :)
Maybe BB can push the magic button... :)

I don't get why some of you guys hate ash pans so much. One of the main reasons I got rid of my Fireview was no ash pan. Why put up with the mess and hot fly ash floating around the room. If this new stoves ash pan is as good as the Keystone ash pan I'd get it in a heart beat.

Todd said:
I don't get why some of you guys hate ash pans so much. One of the main reasons I got rid of my Fireview was no ash pan. Why put up with the mess and hot fly ash floating around the room. If this new stoves ash pan is as good as the Keystone ash pan I'd get it in a heart beat.

My opinion is based on using 4 different stoves. The Encore's ash pan seems good, but I would not pay extra for it or make it something that I would include in in my purchasing decision. In fact, the easiest stove to remove ash from is the Vigilant, which has no ash pan, just a really big mouth.

Do I hate ash pans? No. Do I find them important or a must-have? No. The time it takes me to scope out three or four shovels of ash is the same amount of time it takes me to empty an ash pan.

Todd said:

Well for one thing, I'm interested in the plinth base if I get one, so no option there anyway. :coolsmile:

GAMMA RAY said:
I also noticed a lot of young men there with full, long beards...equally sexy... ;-)

Gee, when I accidentally buggered up my full beard 15 minutes before my son's wedding and ended up with this face-do, I kept it because all the gals told me it was sexy. Now that means a lot to a broke down old codger like me, so I kept it for the last year and a half.

So you're saying the full beard trumps the goatee in the sex appeal dept? Full beard... goatee... full beard... goatee... what's a poor fella to do?

BeGreen said:
And that was while it still was burning! :coolgrin:

Ha, ha! Ya, you should see the cool burn marks on her forearms now. Like that old TV show, Kung Fu, where Kaine carries the flaming cauldron out of the temple, then plunges his arms into the snow, remember? Only we didn't have any snow, so we stuck her arms in Pen's cooler.

The ash pan on my quad allows me to go another week or two without cleaning the ashes out. I consider it more of an additional reservoir than anything. That being said, I have seen ash pans that require a plug to pull and then shoving them down some dang hole. I won't be doing any of that.

Jags said:
The ash pan on my quad allows me to go another week or two without cleaning the ashes out. I consider it more of an additional reservoir than anything.
Exactly. I usually pull the pan a couple times a week on the smaller Keystone, but I like being able to just run a poker across the bottom of the firebox rather than shovel it out to get my full firebox volume back. Knowing me, I would keep stalling until the thing was half full of ash.
:lol:
That said, can't wait for the burning to begin and the reports to be posted on the PH! :coolsmile:

ciccio said:
I would just like to say it was very nice meeting some of the members here on the forum before I got there I only new a couple of people but now I know many, everyone was so friendly sorry I was not able to talk much to many of the members I was just so busy trying to get all the info on the new Progress, I will post pictures as soon as I get the new stove set up, and will like to say thank you to all the great people at Woodstock for all the help and info and for the nice barbecue.

ciccio

I met so many people I don't know hwo is who anymMost companies ore lol.. I think I met you but a picture will confirm this.. I wish all companies were nice to deal with! Most companies are so disconnected from the consumer so I found Woodstock refreshing!

Ray

My T-5 came with an ash pan and what they call an ash dump chute.. I figure it will be handy during the times I run 24/7 so I can reduce the ashes until a convenient time to dump them.. Would I pay extra for an ash pan, nope I can live without it and never used it on my CDW.. As for the Progress Hybrid I think it looks better without it and I'd prefer shorter legs and no ash pan.. If I could talk my wife into it I'd buy one but I doubt that will happen!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.