Woodstock Party Pics - Brother Bart shows up in Woodstock!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for taking some pics Gamma - looks like a good time was had by all!

Hope to make it there soon!

A couple more pics...
The balloon flew overhead at the end of the day and landed at the airport across the street...pretty neat..
Why yes BrowningBar, the bracelet(S) offer some very special powers indeed....about 20 of them...I can't tell you what the powers are though, top secret... ;-)

Someone asked about the Moxie...how I liked it....it rocked!!! It tastes like a combo between root beer and Dr Pepper. I heard it is available here....gonna git it...

That picture of the stove roaring was something. They would open the thing up for a 1/2 hour or so, close it down, leave it open longer and rip it for the fire show, whatever someone wanted to see. They made that stove work.

And no matter how they were running it I didn't see the thermometer they had on the flue go over 325. At 650 lbs w/ 2 layers of soapstone inside, that thing can really store the heat.

pen

GAMMA RAY said:
A couple more pics...
The balloon flew overhead at the end of the day and landed at the airport across the street...pretty neat..
Why yes BrowningBar, the bracelet(S) offer some very special powers indeed....about 20 of them...I can't tell you what the powers are though, top secret... ;-)

Someone asked about the Moxie...how I liked it....it rocked!!! It tastes like a combo between root beer and Dr Pepper. I heard it is available here....gonna git it...

Yeah I heard they're gonna rename Moxie to Dr. Pooper and that's pretty much what it tastes like! :) Oh great pics btw you have a good eye with a camera!

Ray

pen said:
That picture of the stove roaring was something. They would open the thing up for a 1/2 hour or so, close it down, leave it open longer and rip it for the fire show, whatever someone wanted to see. They made that stove work.

And no matter how they were running it I didn't see the thermometer they had on the flue go over 325. At 650 lbs w/ 2 layers of soapstone inside, that thing can really store the heat.

pen

I too was surprised how low the stack temp was.. This tells me that this is one very efficient stove.. I did wonder if having a powered vent influenced the draft to induce some of the flame show and would have liked to see it set up with a normal flue stack..

Ray

I think Moxie would be better with Vodka. Voxie or Modka.

It was a great time. The folks at Woodstock Soapstone are the best! There were excellent hosts. It was great to meet some of my hearth.com friends. A good bunch they indeed are. Kinda funny that the get together degraded down to drinking out of Pen's trunk in the parking lot!

That new stove is awesome! Dennis put a deposit on one....That's how good it is. I'd like to trade my Fireview in for one.

Flatbedford said:
I think Moxie would be better with Vodka. Voxie or Modka.

It was a great time. The folks at Woodstock Soapstone are the best! There were excellent hosts. It was great to meet some of my hearth.com friends. A good bunch they indeed are. Kinda funny that the get together degraded down to drinking out of Pen's trunk in the parking lot!

That new stove is awesome! Dennis put a deposit on one....That's how good it is. I'd like to trade my Fireview in for one.

Wow so Dennis did buy one!! Way cool I knew he was mulling it over.. Good for him! It was good to meet you too!!

Ray

It appears that the Woodstock factory may never be the same. :lol:

Great pics Gamma. Looks like plenty of fun was had by all.

Thanks for the pix, Gamma--looks like a good time was had by all. A fine and handsome crew we have here indeed!

Bracelets may have superpowers, but remember: creosote is your kryptonite!

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Progress ash pan? I noticed the one they had burning did not have the ash pan, so I suppose no one got to see it in action. But, they did have one on the other Progress.

I have to say, I find it fairly ugly and think detracts from an otherwise beautiful stove. But, if it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I could be convinced to get the ash pan anyway. I'm thinking of changing my order to no ash pan.

Anyone ask about it or play around with it on the model?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

If I get one it won't have that stinking ash pan stuck on it, that's for sure. Even Tom Morrisey himself didn't seem to care for it that much, but allowed that many folks feel an ash pan is a necessity so they are offering it. Does seem to be well designed, though, with little chance for an accidental failure to close all the way and overfire the stove.

Flatbedford said:
Kinda funny that the get together degraded down to drinking out of Pen's trunk in the parking lot!

Hey, I got more free beer that way than I did out of the keg of Long Trail they had at the pig roast. Thanks, Pen, I was mighty thirsty.

Nice to meet you too. Keep us posted on the new stove. I think you will be the first here to get it. You got an awesome deal, being able to swap into an upgrade.

I post in the Boiler room and lurk in the Hearth Room. Since I had to be in the area to pick up a FED-X package and actually drive past Airport Road, the plan was to stop by and possibly slurp down a free beer or two. After meeting the fine folks from Hearth, I ended up staying all day. I did sneak out at about 2:30 to pick up my package and then returned and stayed 'till late afternoon. I had wanted to meet Dennis since he seems to be an interesting personality from what I see of his posts. Found out we are nearly the same age and of similar backgrounds.
I found it amazing how similar the members are in personality and sense of humor. You are a great bunch!!

Butch

Flatbedford said:
Kinda funny that the get together degraded down to drinking out of Pen's trunk in the parking lot!

Degraded!

pen

I agree, evolved sounds much better.

I would have taken the cooler over to the tent but I wasn't sure how they felt about others bringing beer on their property.

pen

Danno77 said:
I don't think the process is secret, but let's just say I used to work there and when my 3rd grade teacher noticed I was missing too much school, he fired me. Best $0.10 per hour I ever made. Totally worth the lost fingers and burn scars.

I didn't know 3rd-grade teachers could fire their students. This is going to put a whole new twist on that NCLB thingy.

So what's up with two pictures of BrotherBart? Good mod/bad mod? Bart & Anti-Bart? If the latter, isn't it unsafe to have them in such close proximity?

Thanks, BK. I just called and cancelled the ash pan. I can always add it later, if I get tired of shoveling.

Fred61 said:
I post in the Boiler room and lurk in the Hearth Room. Since I had to be in the area to pick up a FED-X package and actually drive past Airport Road, the plan was to stop by and possibly slurp down a free beer or two. After meeting the fine folks from Hearth, I ended up staying all day. I did sneak out at about 2:30 to pick up my package and then returned and stayed 'till late afternoon. I had wanted to meet Dennis since he seems to be an interesting personality from what I see of his posts. Found out we are nearly the same age and of similar backgrounds.
I found it amazing how similar the members are in personality and sense of humor. You are a great bunch!!

Butch

Butch I enjoyed meeting and chatting with you as well! Why is your handle Fred when your name is Butch?

Ray

If it were me I'd go w/ no ash pan. But, obviously do as you see fit. I didn't see it take anything away from the stove and you could always just not use it if you want.

pen

Battenkiller said:
Flatbedford said:

Hey, I got more free beer that way than I did out of the keg of Long Trail they had at the pig roast. Thanks, Pen, I was mighty thirsty.

I wish I could have hung out and had more suds but a DWI was not an option for me :) Been there done that not gonna do it again.. That DWI was back on my 21st bday! BK I didn't get a chance to talk to you and I would like to know how the house thing is going for you.. Nice to meet you btw!

Ray

pen said:

I would have taken the cooler over to the tent but I wasn't sure how they felt about others bringing beer on their property.

pen

Pen I want to know what you were smoking in that pipe..

Ray

pen said:

pen

They didn't mind when we busted out the liquor. A few Woodstock employees helped us finish a bottle of Vodka, claiming that they couldn't get it in NH.

Status
Not open for further replies.