Woodstock Soapstone Refurbished Stoves Available

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot! I wish I'd known this yesterday, you just shipped me a new Keystone yesterday. :-S

I was told that refurbs were available only via pickup @ the factory. No return, so they want the refurb buyer to see what they are getting before buying. So unless you were planning a road trip to NH. . .

That was always the standing policy but we can look into some rates as long as it ships to a place of business that has either a loading dock or forklift to off load it. We can not deliver it to a residence.

Todd said:
Thanks a lot! I wish I'd known this yesterday, you just shipped me a new Keystone yesterday. :-S

I think after the $600 discount and the 1/3rd tax credit, you are getting your Keystone for a price very close to the referbs.

Good luck with your Keystone install - I'm watching/looking at the pics!

Bill

cmonSTART said:
I really love Woodstock Stoves. They're absolutely beautiful.

But... But... They ain't made out of steel! :)

Den said:
Shhh. . .we're trying to calm Todd down. :)

Ha, don't worry I'm fine. I make out better with the tax credit since I can also claim the new hearth and venting along with the stove. :)

BrotherBart said:
cmonSTART said:
I really love Woodstock Stoves. They're absolutely beautiful.

But... But... They ain't made out of steel! :)

The door pins and bolts that hold the cat are steel if that makes you any happier. :lol:

Pretty stoves (although I still think they're a bit fancy for my tastes), wicked good price . . . very tempting . . . but I think I'll have to stick with my cast iron heater for now . . . still a wicked good deal.

On the other hand . . . pretty neat to see that out of all the stoves sold that only these few came back . . . that in itself speaks volumes about the quality of the stove.

firefighterjake said:
Pretty stoves (although I still think they're a bit fancy for my tastes), wicked good price . . . very tempting . . . but I think I'll have to stick with my cast iron heater for now . . . still a wicked good deal.

On the other hand . . . pretty neat to see that out of all the stoves sold that only these few came back . . . that in itself speaks volumes about the quality of the stove.

I found the ad on craigslist for the woodstock refurb stoves and she was trying to convince me the opposite... She was saying "makes you wonder why so many were returned".

i'm still mad at her for making me go for another stove after I had my heart set on a Fireview :)

This is an accumulation of almost three years worth of returns because we didn't have time to refurb them. There are many reasons for the returns, most of them financial, some are size issues, and the others are just consumer inability to understand how this generation of stoves function. Some of these are already taken so if you are interested, don't lose out.

The thought of a second FV.. I could put it in the basement... but then I'd have to put in a(nother) chimney up the side of the house.. That part is doable, but facing the wrath of the wife is, well... perhaps not such a wise decision.

But ohh that would make it SOOOO nice down there in the winter - I'd likely never want to leave. Maybe I'd actually get the second half finished and get that bathroom that is roughed out done. Funny how one little thing grows into so many other projects eh?

mikeh said:
This is an accumulation of almost three years worth of returns because we didn't have time to refurb them. There are many reasons for the returns, most of them financial, some are size issues, and the others are just consumer inability to understand how this generation of stoves function. Some of these are already taken so if you are interested, don't lose out.

I'll make sure my wife knows that... Maybe this is an argument I can actually win!??!!??

nah...

Bobforsaken said:
mikeh said:

I'll make sure my wife knows that... Maybe this is an argument I can actually win!??!!??

nah...

Take her up to visit the factory - show her the stoves there and let her meet the folks making them. You just might be surprised at how well that works. Plus the drive can be fun too if you take your time and enjoy it.

I have a neighbor with one.. I'm hoping to get her to at least look at one in person. Maybe that will change her mind.

Franks said:
Stop screwing up my Hearthstone sales you NE Patriots lovin hippies

Honestly if more folks had dealers in their area that run shops the way you appear to (based on how you present yourself online) I imagine fewer would be willing to 'risk' the direct from mfgr purchase so I don't thing YOUR HS sales are much at risk. However, I expect I'm far from alone in not being able to find a stove shop that met my needs/desires when I was searching for a stove. Thus it was worth a full day of driving to visit the folk at Woodstock stoves and they set us at ease - they knew their product, cared about burning, and were willing to listen and answer every question we could possibly come up with related to stoves, burning etc. If all I wanted was "a stove to stick wood in and burn" then the other shops would have been good enough - and I expect that is the majority of the US population. "So, what do you want your stove to look like, pick one out and we'll get you a price on it..."

Anyway - I can see why WS doesn't sell through dealers (anymore) - I would not want to be the person in charge of managing the dealer relationships and trying to figure out which dealers are good enough to represent and maintain the level of customer support that WS is known for. That would be one tough job. It could get really expensive trying to make up for the mistakes of a few bad dealers and retain the brand value that has been built over the years. Amazing how quickly a good brand can become tarnished by a few bad experiences broadcast over the internet eh? I've no doubt there are some worthy dealers out there but how much margin would one have to give them and what does the corporate gain? going high volume isn't likely to improve product quality.

Bottom line - I don't think you have much to worry about, the market is big enough for WS to keep growing and for quality shops such as yours to succeed. Even if you did have a customer come in who had their mind set on a Fireview you could still gain a customer and make a profit by agreeing to handle the install details (chimney etc) for them once they purchase direct - you know they won't have trouble getting support on the stove if something went wrong eh?

Franks said:

Worry not.. The wife wants a Phoenix.

Slow1 said:
Franks said:

Honestly if more folks had dealers in their area that run shops the way you appear to (based on how you present yourself online) I imagine fewer would be willing to 'risk' the direct from mfgr purchase so I don't thing YOUR HS sales are much at risk. However, I expect I'm far from alone in not being able to find a stove shop that met my needs/desires when I was searching for a stove. Thus it was worth a full day of driving to visit the folk at Woodstock stoves and they set us at ease - they knew their product, cared about burning, and were willing to listen and answer every question we could possibly come up with related to stoves, burning etc. If all I wanted was "a stove to stick wood in and burn" then the other shops would have been good enough - and I expect that is the majority of the US population. "So, what do you want your stove to look like, pick one out and we'll get you a price on it..."

Anyway - I can see why WS doesn't sell through dealers (anymore) - I would not want to be the person in charge of managing the dealer relationships and trying to figure out which dealers are good enough to represent and maintain the level of customer support that WS is known for. That would be one tough job. It could get really expensive trying to make up for the mistakes of a few bad dealers and retain the brand value that has been built over the years. Amazing how quickly a good brand can become tarnished by a few bad experiences broadcast over the internet eh? I've no doubt there are some worthy dealers out there but how much margin would one have to give them and what does the corporate gain? going high volume isn't likely to improve product quality.

Bottom line - I don't think you have much to worry about, the market is big enough for WS to keep growing and for quality shops such as yours to succeed. Even if you did have a customer come in who had their mind set on a Fireview you could still gain a customer and make a profit by agreeing to handle the install details (chimney etc) for them once they purchase direct - you know they won't have trouble getting support on the stove if something went wrong eh?

I'm not really worried about sales, but they are still a bunch of Tom Brady lovin hippies up there. Dont get me started! Preseason is just around the corner

Franks said:
I'm not really worried about sales, but they are still a bunch of Tom Brady lovin hippies up there. Dont get me started! Preseason is just around the corner

Football or stove preseason? or are they the same? I really only care about one of the two anyway...

I guess they are about the same..and I love em both. The smell of smoke in the air and the them music to Sunday and Monday night football. Both can bring a man to tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.