Woodstock Soapstone Refurbished Stoves Available

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised they lasted this long. When's that new stove coming out Mike?

Must.... resist.... urge.... to buy... another... stove!

BrowningBAR said:

Ha ha, you know you want one, we won't hold it against you. :lol:

Todd said:
BrowningBAR said:

Ha ha, you know you want one, we won't hold it against you. :lol:

Enablers! All of you!

I'm still trying to convince myself that I don't need the Jotul Castine that is near me selling for $800.

Todd said:
Surprised they lasted this long. When's that new stove coming out Mike?

Hi Mike. That is good of your company to offer those stoves.

As for the new stove, if my wife and I do visit Woodstock in September (we're trying to find a way) I don't think I need to bring a trailer to haul home a new stove.

btw, is anyone else planning on being up at Woodstock in September? For sure I think Mike will be there. lol

Todd, we are still working on it. I know we have said that in the past but we must make it right in all aspects of the design and engineering. Design and Engineering teams working round the clock. Don't like to speculate on a date as there are so many components to work out.

Dennis. I am taking that weekend off so I won't see you.......Yea right, if I want to save my job I will be there and hope to see you if you can make it. We will dedicate the weekend to you.

And to all Heartnet friends, Woodstock will be having our annual Open House on Saturday September 11th and of course everyone is invited to join us. We'll have a BBQ and everyone here will be able to answer any of your questions and you will be able to see our plans for the new woodstove.
Hope to see many of you there.

Mike

Don't spread it too thick Mike! lol

We are trying to work out the trip and make several other stops along the way including to our son's place in PA. Man, that is a long way though especially after the long trip we already made this year. Oh well, we haven't rolled over 50,000 miles on the car yet and it is a 2003 model. We'll give it our best shot.

I understand Mike, take your time and make the stove right the first time. Wish I could make the trip but have too much stuff to do and need to save money. Someday I'll make it out there.

mikeh said:
...and you will be able to see our plans for the new woodstove.
Mike

So this isn't just a rumor? Are there any specifications public about the new stove yet? I am looking to buy a freestanding soapstone stove before winter but the Equinox is the only thing big enough for my application. I'd really love a reason to wait and buy a Woodstock if the rumors are true about a new bigger stove model. Please give me hope!

The rumors are true. But the only thing you are gonna find out for a long time is that the rumors are true. And all they have to offer is that there is gonna be a new bigger stove. How big? Someday...

But if it out heats that EQ that will be a news story.

Do we know a release date? I mean, there is some pressure with this tax incentive going on this year. Releasing it in 2011 would kind of add $1500 to the price would it not?

sksmass said:
Do we know a release date? I mean, there is some pressure with this tax incentive going on this year. Releasing it in 2011 would kind of add $1500 to the price would it not?

That's what I was thinking, what better time to release a new stove, but they also want to make it right. They seem pretty busy and they are not a large company that can push new products out quickly. Maybe they need a few Hearth.com interns to help out? ;-)

Don't ever wish to have something rushed out the door that you light a fire in and then go to bed.

I hope whoever got mine is a happy camper. :cheese:

It seems that I recall 2.5 for the firebox but not sure. Maybe Mike will chime in on this.

mikeh said:
Todd, we are still working on it. I know we have said that in the past but we must make it right in all aspects of the design and engineering. Design and Engineering teams working round the clock. Don't like to speculate on a date as there are so many components to work out.

Dennis. I am taking that weekend off so I won't see you.......Yea right, if I want to save my job I will be there and hope to see you if you can make it. We will dedicate the weekend to you.

And to all Heartnet friends, Woodstock will be having our annual Open House on Saturday September 11th and of course everyone is invited to join us. We'll have a BBQ and everyone here will be able to answer any of your questions and you will be able to see our plans for the new woodstove.
Hope to see many of you there.

Mike

Much as I would like to go to your open house, I imagine the airfare from Nome Alaska to West Lebanon New Hampshire would set me back no less than $3000 bucks.

I do have to tell ya that my next door neighbor, who just happens to be my brother, has one of your stoves.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and make a guess that this stove may possibly be the furthest-most West Woodstock stove in the United States.

Ya Frostbit, and I thought 950 miles was a bit much... Glad to hear your brother has a Woodstock stove and I hope he likes his as well as we like ours. It really saves on the amount of wood we burn and we now stay warmer too. A winner all the way around.

Yes BotherBart and probably dont have any beer in them.

cptoneleg said:
Yes BotherBart and probably dont have any beer in them.

I am just a few miles east of ya Cap. It they will shoot me one of those new stoves down here I will supply the beer to fill it.

I'm gonna try to make it for the party - and will surely have some hats and supercedars, etc.......

As to the new stove - he said it exists, so I can say........nothing! Except that they are definitely putting some thought, engineering and money into this.

I hope that doesn't let the cat out of the bag. Mike said he'll show pictures there.....I don't think it will out really soon- tax credits and all, but I expect the new Home Star program to hopefully extend those credits.

Craig, yes, it does exist. I've been told it cranks out a lot too.

I hope to see you there if everything works out so we can make the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.