1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Work 4 Sunday

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by thewoodlands, Nov 10, 2012.

1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Next year I want to try some Red Oak, the Cedar is something we have talked about planting around the house in the woods.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. thewoodlands

I changed all the plans for today (twice) hauled two loads of Cherry from the tree I cut yesterday then hauled down five loads from up top from the Cherry I cut a couple of weeks ago, I still have one or two more loads of Cherry up top.

Made a little Cherry lane (smells great) but will move when something opens up or I make a new stacking area.
    zap

Attached Files:

Thistle and Backwoods Savage like this.
  3. scroungerjeff

scroungerjeff Burning Hunk

Loc:
    S Jersey
    Zap what a beautiful manicured forest. Must be great for XC skiing or snowshoeing. The wildlife must be abundant too.
  4. scroungerjeff

scroungerjeff Burning Hunk

Loc:
    S Jersey
    We were very lucky with both storms. Sandy missed us to the north and really spared us her worst. I really feel for those just a few dozen miles from us. What a disaster. I did see some big hickory and oaks down on a wood lot that I have the ok to go cut in. Maybe next month I'll go get some.
  5. thewoodlands

Thanks scroungerjeff, we keep the trails clean but have areas that are just a mess. We're just hoping we get enough snow for XC this year, last year sucked.

zap
  6. corey21

corey21 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Soutwest VA
    Nice work looks like some nice wood.
  7. thewoodlands

Thanks corey21. We always have Cherry in the stacks, my first hill I ever cut on (never been back since) had 13-14 Cherry down from a micro burst in 2008, that hill kick the chit out of me but we had some nice firewood.

In the first pic 6355 if I turn the rhino around so it would be going in the direction the back of the wagon is facing I'll be heading toward that dreaded hill. :oops:
    zap
  8. corey21

corey21 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Soutwest VA
    Stay safe on that hill i recently got a small load of locust from a steep hill don't know if i will go back for more.
    zap likes this.
  9. thewoodlands

Next time I go back on the hill it will be on the rhino from a new trail off of the main trail, I want a trail that leads on top of the hill. That is one of about three areas that never had a trail for a regular size truck on it, before next winter I'll have one for the rhino.

The part of the hill I worked on was not that steep but it had so much dead stuff down it made working it that much harder.
    zap