Would a 20 year old Regency be EPA certified?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neverrude

Apr 17, 2008
NJ
Would a 20 year old Regency be EPA certified. If it is I’ll go take a look at this one .
Free standing medium with gold plated door.
Dimensions 24"wide X 25"deep X 25"high/Very good condition

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 304
It has a secondary air manifold in the rear and appears to have re-burn tubes in the top so my bet is that it is an EPA Phase I stove.

BrotherBart said:
It has a secondary air manifold in the rear and appears to have re-burn tubes in the top so my bet is that it is an EPA Phase I stove.

Thanks for the quick reply BB. :) So if it has the tubes in the top I’m good to go. He's asking $475.
How many EPA Phase's are there?

2 right now IIRC

Thanks Crazy, I'll let you guys know how I make out tomorrow.

The wood stove in the photograph predates the current Regency design which has been virtually unchanged for about 15 years. Unless you're anxious to buy it, I wouldn't rush to get it without a little more research. . . especially if you're looking to buy an efficient stove.

If you know the model number give Regency a call
604 946-5155

Went and checked out the stove this morning. It was made in 1988 and EPA rated.
The upper baffle was warped, no heat shield or blower. The tube was heavily rusted .
I thanked the gentleman for his time and told him I would pass on the stove. Thanks for all the input :)

neverrude said:
Went and checked out the stove this morning. It was made in 1988 and EPA rated.
The upper baffle was warped, no heat shield or blower. The tube was heavily rusted .
I thanked the gentleman for his time and told him I would pass on the stove. Thanks for all the input :)

Smart decision. There are plenty of deals out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.