Would you buy this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mwhitnee

Minister of Fire
Jun 10, 2015
Central Mass, USA
What kind of wood is this?? You think it's worth it? Free delivery. $100.00

"Approx. 1/2 plus cord of hard wood no pine. A variety of diameters. About 5X2X8 about 80 cubic feet. See picture, what you see is what you get. This is the actual load. When this load is gone. Others available."

Attachments

• wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 332
So $200 a cord "ish". What's the current going rate for a cord of hardwood there? If he's got multiple more loads, it wouldn't hurt to see if he'd take $80 a load.

Definitely not 1/2 cord. I wouldn't give him $50 for it. Can't you get split hardwood delivered for $200/cord?

So $200 a cord "ish". What's the current going rate for a cord of hardwood there? If he's got multiple more loads, it wouldn't hurt to see if he'd take $80 a load.

I think I could get green mixed hardwood $175-200 a cord around here.

That was my thought. I would probably pay $80 if I knew what wood it is. Thing is it still needs cutting and splitting, so you have to take that into consideration.

I'd offer him 40. 100 bucks? Yeaaaaah. Get out of town buddy. Split, stacked, and him handing me a 6 pack I wouldn't pay a hundred. I hate paying for wood. I'd rather spend the money on eco bricks.

The get out of town was for the guy trying to get 100 for that wood. Lol.

Wasn't a stupid question. If you really need it buy it. If not offer him 40 at the most

The get out of town was for the guy trying to get 100 for that wood. Lol.

Wasn't a stupid question. If you really need it buy it. If not offer him 40 at the most

Oh I know I know haha. Nah I don't need it. I'm just trying to be proactive about getting more wood :)

I should be good for this year and mayyyy-be next, but I need to start looking around. I keep playing phone tag with a friend he has a lot, gotta get there soon.

I definitely don't think its worth more than $50 and I still wouldn't buy it because it is not split.

Around this area that would be an extremely high price. Can't speak for your location though..

Keep in mind too that that truck bed dump insert has sloped sides to fit between the wheel wells. So that's not even a truck bed full load.

Yeah pick up load of green unsplit uglies, no way Jose. Maybe $20, just for gas.

Reactions: barmstrong2
Seems a bit suspicious to me, he says that is the "actual load" you get, but the date on the photo is 4/27/15 and the trees in the background appear to be bare. So either the date on the camera is wrong and it really is "that" cold / that far into fall winter in central Mass now, or he has been hauling that load around for 6 months, or the poster is full of BS.

Also hard to tell from that angle, he says 5x2x8...that would be a long bed truck? I also know when wood is stacked 'criss-cross' like that, it really condenses down once split / stacked in orderly rows. So possibly half a cord?

As many have said here, that truck look definitely doesn't have 1/2 cord of wood. Probably a bit more than 1/3.

I measured my short box one day and allowed for some heaping in the middle and it came out to .41 of a cord. Thats with no side rails.
edit, and yes thats stacked not tossed.

Reactions: mwhitnee
Status
Not open for further replies.