WOW !!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy24a

Dec 12, 2010
PA
Ok, for the past cpl of weeks I have been pulling my hair out wondering why my 25-PDVC stove was not heating as I remembered other years. So after cleaning it , replacing gaskets I thought that would make a difference. Well sorry to say it did not. So I stopped by Tractor Supply and got 3 bags of the Lignetics brand pellets. I let the stove go out overnight that had my PAPELLETS, this morning I put a bag of the Lignetics in to try. I started it up and told my son that he may have to crank it up more when it heats up. Well I cam home tonight and walked in the front door and it was like I was walking into sauna! The heat was incredible! I cannot believe thats what is was...I have been having to set the heat/blower to 6-9 or so just to keep it in the 60's. I looked at the thermostat on the wall and it was 84!! I now am running at 2-3. What a difference!! Just wanted to share that. Thanks!!!

Lignetics are a great pellet. If you can find some dry creek to try you should try those also. Dump those PA pellets for sure.

Was it warmer outside? How much per bag did you pay for the lignetics?

Thanks
BIH

PA Pellets have to be the worst pellets I've ever used in my stove. No heat and dirty too.

No it was not warmer outside...it has been the low 20's for almost 2 weeks or so.....I think I paid 4.69 a bag.

Tommy, glad to hear you're getting heat now, and it wasn't the stove's fault. Too often the stove gets the brunt of all the criticism for poor heat.

I can never remember anyone who burned PAPellets ever saying they were any good.

IMO, mix them 25/75% PA/Lignetics to get rid of them. Should still get good heat from the 75% Ligs.

Status
Not open for further replies.