WPI (Wood Pellet Inc.) Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Mar 9, 2011
Northeast US
I'm starting my Spring pellet hunt to fill my newly concreted basement, and I came across a distributor that is selling a brand called WPI ("Wood Pellet Inc.") for $209 a ton. Has anyone had any experiences with this brand? I plan on picking up a few bags this weekend, but I'm not against just picking up a full ton if someone has a good story about them.

Any testimonials would be appreciated. Thank you.

Is it Wood Pellet Inc, or Wood Pellet Co.?

Attachments

• medium.gif
    medium.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 615
If its the brand Imacman is showing, ive burned a few tons of them, all from 2009 and back. They were decent, no chinkering, moderate ash, and OK heat. I moved onto the more premium brands that cost about the same.

Here in my neck of the woods "WPI" and "Wood Pellet Co" are one in the same...so it seems. I've burned the one imac has posted the pic of...lots of fines, moderate to heavy coarse ash. I'd rate them average on heat output. A decent del at $209/ton...IF your STOVE likes them ;-) My dealer just sent out his spring price for them...$225/ton. I want some of those Bear Mtn or Cubex you all rave about :lol:

ETA: P.S. ... the ones I've had STINK! Like paint or glue :shut:

The store I called gave the name as "wood pellet Inc", and there does appear to be a company of that name in Summerhill PA. So, it's possible that they could be either brand. I'm going to stop by there tomorrow and grab a few bags for a test burn.

Oh how I wish I had stocked up on Stove Chow for $187 tax free at Home Depot this past Winter! Alas, I was new to the pellet world and didn't see the deal.

Avalon said:
The store I called gave the name as "wood pellet Inc", and there does appear to be a company of that name in Summerhill PA.

"The Wood Pellet Co.†is a division of C & C Lumber Company in Summerville PA....could be the spelling is off?

I picked up a Ton of the pellets last night, and it turned out that they are "Wood Pellets Co." not "Wood Pellets Inc". Since both are made in Summerhill PA, I'm going to assume they are one and the same.

Threw a couple bags in the hopper and started it up. They seem to burn pretty well and give off a decent amount of heat. I'm use to the stove chow brand, so these are pretty comparable. I don't know about the ashes yet, but with a huge ash-bin in my stove, it pretty much a non issue.

At $209 a ton, tax free (Go Amish dealer!) it seems a decent bargain. If I buy 3+ tons, the price drops to $195 a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.