YEEEEE HAAAAAA! It's Gonna Snow.....Again!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VT-Woodburner

Hearth Supporter
Jun 19, 2006
Southern Vermont
They're calling for 6 to 12 inches of heavy, wet snow tomorrow. Which means power failures and a nice warm woodstove.
Winter may have come late, but it's gonna stick around for a while, I guess. We may have snow on Mother's day like a few years ago. The ski slopes may actually break even this year.

Looks like it is getting close to us right now, but one says 2-4 inches and one says 3-6 inches. Usually when it is like that, we get a coating. I hope it totally misses us. I still have wood to split and stack. So, maybe I should turn this computer off and get busy right now! Bye.

Your nuts! I'm sick of this weather. 1" on the ground so far. Looks like another inch or so by tonight.

I'm done with the white stuff for the year! You guys can have it...We're supposed to get 4-8" today. So far, the grass is just about covered but nothing sticking to the road or driveway. Plow is back on the truck :mad:

I'm afraid winter will never end!!!!!!!

Whether (or should I say "weather") you like winter or not, it does look likes its going to hang around a bit longer here in the northeast. If you check the long range forecasts, storm Thursday here in NH, certainly some snow, perhaps mixing with and or changing to rain, then a bomb of a storm looking likely around Monday. The Monday storm could be potent enough to warrant postponing the Boston Marathon! even though its unlikely to be snow in Boston, but it will possibly be packing very strong wind and copious quantities of rain, (yes more snow inland, VT woodburner, and you could be measuring this one in feet!!). And then, yet another potential northeast storm in the pipeline towards the end of next week. Its tough to process wood in this weather and soon its gonna be black fly season, then mosquito season and I hate processing wood with them buggers flyin around! Make the best use you can of any sunny days we've got!

VT-Woodburner said:
They're calling for 6 to 12 inches of heavy, wet snow tomorrow. Which means power failures and a nice warm woodstove.
Winter may have come late, but it's gonna stick around for a while, I guess. We may have snow on Mother's day like a few years ago. The ski slopes may actually break even this year.

i am jealous so please stop
down here in mass we have missed every storm this year while you VT people get dumped!!!!
they are calling for a coating to 2 inches down from 4-6 because the vt people are stealing it!

Nice packed powder at about 4,000 Feet - central VT.
A nice sunny day for skiing, but we might have a tough time getting out of here tomorrow!

Attachments

• pics.jpg
    pics.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 286
MrGriz said:
I'm done with the white stuff for the year! You guys can have it...We're supposed to get 4-8" today. So far, the grass is just about covered but nothing sticking to the road or driveway. Plow is back on the truck :mad:

I wish we were done. My work day ended early when they closed schools at noon and said to come pick up the kids. Most of the snow melted early, but temps have dropped, and its sticking now. Four to eight inches predicted tonight. Roads are drifted in spots. Heavy, slushy stuff. Yech.

Iceman:
i am jealous so please stop
down here in mass we have missed every storm this year while you VT people get dumped!!!!
they are calling for a coating to 2 inches down from 4-6 because the vt people are stealing it!
...Ta ^ell with it!...Let them have all the "Fluffy White S^it"...I'm not afraid of snow...blizzards or anything else winter has to offer...but if I wanted this kind of "wild weahter" (back and forth hot/cold)...I would move back to Colorado Springs. I'm hoping "this storm" amounts to some slush and some rain...New England weather is suppose to be one or the other...damn global warming!...lol Naagh!...Prolly the "hole in the ozone layer" doing it...lol
..Mother nature has been "one cruel ole' gal' this winter". T-shirt weather for new years day was the warning...you knew we would end up paying...but enough already!!! No more snow!

Light dusting of snow here this morning, now turning to rain.

Anyone seen spring around? I was sorta expecting it by now......

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-hooooooooooooooooooooooo!
All rain here mateys! Predict that zeta will have the bass
boat on the water sometime next week. :cheese:

St. Louis has always had hot, cold, hot, type weather, but this year is even more weird. We had a full blown spring for nearly two weeks. Temps into the 90's. I shut down the humidiers and had already mowed the lawn 3 times, done a bunch of yard work, and had fired up the A/C to make sure it was still working. I was settling into the summer swelter when we got hit again with cold weather. It's been cold for the last week or two. Down into the teens a couple nights. Even had a few flurries. Now it's mostly rain, but still in the 40's and 30's.

But the local vintners, apples, peaches, and other fruit tree growers are crying like babies. My alergies were going wild with oak and birch pods falling in the yard, dogwoods and pear trees were in bloom, hell, it was spring. Then we had a couple big frosts and everything looks dead now. Even leaves on trees, but gardening programs are saying they'll all leaf out again in a few weeks.

I've had the WWL burning non-stop for over a week. Just enough to keep her lit during the day, but full speed ahead at night. Instead of moving all the wood back out of the house that I hadn't burned, I may be bringing more in if this lasts more than a couple more days.

I also watched Al Gore's, "An Inconvenient Truth" last night. I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised and a bit scared to tell you the truth. I thought he did a pretty good job on the thing. I can see why it won an award, aside from the hollywood types sucking up to him I thought it stood on its own. I think I'm more of a believer now. Where's the film on the other side of this issue? That usually changes my mind back the other direction. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.