1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

You Know You Are A Real Wood Burner When...

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by BrotherBart, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    you follow the state trucks around and ask them to stack the lengths they cut along the road for easy loading

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bigdog

bigdog New Member

Loc:
    W PA
    Very funny thread. I seem to have alot in common with everybody. I look at my chimney smoke 4 times a day. My woodpile 10 times a day. And I dont like warm winter days anymore. I also notice every dead and downed tree everywhere I drive and think how good it would look on my woodpile.
  3. Jersey Fire Bug

Jersey Fire Bug New Member

Loc:
    New Jersey
    You know you are a woodburner when you rear-end the car in front of you
    because your eyes were on a couple logs on the side of the road that needs to be scounged.
  4. CowboyAndy

CowboyAndy New Member

Loc:
    Chateaugay, NY
    You know you are a woodneck when 90% of your conversations with the wife start with "well, on this website i go to about wood burning, i read..."
  5. karri0n

karri0n New Member

Loc:
    Eastern CT

At this rate, you won't need to make it again next year...
  6. awoodman

awoodman Member

Loc:
    K.C. Missouri
    When you are so in tune with the heating of you're house, that the sound of the furnace kicking on throws you into a panic.

And if the furnace kicks on in the midle-of-the-nite it wakes you up from a dead sleep thinking what's wrong.
  7. ScottF

ScottF New Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    And you start shaking violently when you hear it with symptoms not unlike those from the delirium tremors.

Hey awoodman, I would love to see photos and hear about the wood boat you built and painted. Here is one I built and painted last year for my kids. Maybe should take it offline since it is not hearth related.

Attached Files:

8. 67ref

67ref New Member

Loc:
    Ontario Canada
    Now why couldn't you have been my dad while I was growing up?
    making toys like that ...

look like a lot of fun, good job !
  9. Chettt

Chettt Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western Michigan
    When you go away for two days at Thanksgiving and your natural gas bill doubles.
  10. leaf4952

leaf4952 Member

Loc:
    The Pocono Mountains upper plateau area, PA
    Not quite ! . . . . but I've marked the side of the shed as to the level of my woodpile and kept a close eye on the footprints on the back end of my property while watching when a certain neighbor runs out. I wish I had 10 acres at least and a few more dogs. I usually find neighbors throwing stumps illegally onto my property. Some are not true woodburners. I walk right up to their front doors & set em straight: ASK ME FIRST ! I inform them of I'll take their unwanted wood under certain conditions. But they may not just dump possibly rotted wood on my property. They all want nice dry ready-to-go, but don't want the work of anything else they have for WHATEVER reasons! Yeah, . . . I'm very protective of my woodpile !
  11. kjayhawk

kjayhawk Member

Loc:
    North of St. Louis
    When your kids race to stand in front of the stove the moment they return home!
  12. Valhalla

Valhalla Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Essex County, New York
    When... your winter life at home, almost revolves around the wood stove!

Does it get any better?

Yes, we will soon be looking forward to spring!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.