You know you may be a true wood burner if....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
I am a newbie but I am seeing a few things that indicate that I may be coming close to being a true wood burner..

You notice your slippers are full of wood shavings and you don't give a crap...

You realize you should not wear your polyester blend bathrobe when loading the stove due to the small burnt areas on the sleeve from filling the pot on the stove with water.

The cobwebs give character to your house...it gives that lived in look..the latest in Better Home and Gardens...

The first thing you do when getting out of bed before peeing is checking the stove....

The last thing you do before going to bed is making sure the stove is cruisin....

Finally, You wonder can you run the A/C in the summer and still run the stove.....?????? LOL!!!!!

i usually piss first. lol

Can't help it...it's the newbie syndrome.....

The husband can get up, go to the bathroom, do his business for a half and hour reading This Old House Magazine and not even think of looking at the stove.....
He's probably more of a true wood burner than me....

Oh yes, I forgot the scars..... My patients have been asking about them.....I tell them...new wood stove.

When you have so much wood on hand there is nowhere to park the car.

Backwoods Savage said:
When you have so much wood on hand there is nowhere to park the car.

Or the walker %-P

Na Eileen. I parked the walker a couple days after coming home from the hospital. I hope to park the crutches soon and graduate to a cane. Plus, I doubt we ever run out of room on this place for storing wood! :lol:

Backwoods Savage said:
Na Eileen. I parked the walker a couple days after coming home from the hospital. I hope to park the crutches soon and graduate to a cane. Plus, I doubt we ever run out of room on this place for storing wood! :lol:
Been wondering how you were doing. Sounds like it went well and you are healing up just fine. Good to hear that.

Hey, I made it to the mailbox and back again today. Had to stop a couple times for short rest but not much pain so that is progress. As stated, I hope to graduate to the cane soon and get rid of the crutches.

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey, I made it to the mailbox and back again today. Had to stop a couple times for short rest but not much pain so that is progress. As stated, I hope to graduate to the cane soon and get rid of the crutches.

hooray dennis!!!! just think...you'll be back to normal in no time (sitting at the wood splitter!)

I hope you are right Dave.

Send that recipe Dave!

True wood burner= you go straight from the recovery room to sitting on a milk crate, splitting in the correct position.

:lol: That might be it Beetle-Kill.

You forgot your moods are directly proportional to the quality of burn you are getting from the stove.

You see a wood pile driving to work and wonder if it'll be there on the way home. LLol

you consider trading in your crappy pre-paid cell phone for a fancy one that gets the internet so you can check the hearth.com forums all day at work....and in turn get a 75 buck a month phone bill.
After this morning with all the flying ash, you are going to trade in that polyester blend robe for say a cotton one because you realize you may go up like a torch in the other one.

Remkel said:
You forgot your moods are directly proportional to the quality of burn you are getting from the stove.

+1
gabe

quit teasing us there yooperdave..............

Status
Not open for further replies.