your thoughts on a used DutchWest Catalytic Stove ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

steveh2112

Jan 14, 2024
ithaca ny
hi, a used DutchWest Catalytic Stove has come up on FB marketplace near me for $350, guessing i could get him down. looks good condition but needs new catalytic thing which i can get for $50 or so

does anyone have experience with this stove? is it a good buy for a 1000sqft house? thx

They were decent heaters but parts have a finite lifespan and are getting harder to find. Whether this is a good deal or a boat anchor depends on how much it has been used and how well it has been maintained. A good cat for the stove will be more like $150.

thanks. i just noticed it doesn't seem to have an outside air intake option. is that right?
Correct. They can not be installed in mobile homes for this reason.