“pellet pig achievement level"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Member level

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
macman said:
Haubera said:
.....I'll never qualify for full membership 'cuz my house isn't big enough to need more than 3 pallets per year. :sigh:

Haubera, your missing the point. The idea of Pellet Piggishness is that you buy way more than you'll need because you can't help yourself.

If you only need 3 tons for the winter, buy 5 tons....now THAT'S a Pellet Pig!! :)

OINK OINK!
OK, how about that I can't store more than what I need. :-S My neighbors would turn me in as a fire hazard with that much in my backyard. :p Y'all have fun being piggies...

4.8 ton delivered to my door this past spring!! And we only see the propane guy once a year rather than every other month!!!

caledoniacars said:
4.8 ton delivered to my door this past spring!! And we only see the propane guy once a year rather than every other month!!!

Sounds like we have another piggy here! Don't forget to send macman the monthly dues(jk) :lol:

Put this or similar in your sig!

Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club….OINK OINK!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves” - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

Anymore piggies out there?

I really think we need to add the levels. Get some more piggies and piglets in the group!

Well, I was a level 3 but I've burned myself close to a level 4. This sickness I've caught has me constantly looking for brands that are recommended. The wife bought a bag of Cubex at our local Agway and they burned with very little ask so today I bought three more. I'll pay more attention to they way they burn. At $299 a ton, I probably won't be buying them for next year. That said, I will be buying the Oakies!

I've got two ton in my basement, a ton and a half under my addition and a half ton or so in my utility trailer.

Can I say Oink oink?

CWR said:
Well, I was a level 3 but I've burned myself close to a level 4. This sickness I've caught has me constantly looking for brands that are recommended. The wife bought a bag of Cubex at our local Agway and they burned with very little ask so today I bought three more. I'll pay more attention to they way they burn. At $299 a ton, I probably won't be buying them for next year. That said, I will be buying the Oakies!

I've got two ton in my basement, a ton and a half under my addition and a half ton or so in my utility trailer.

Can I say Oink oink?

Yes sir, (were is that macman?) Seems I gotta do his job here lately! Don't forget them dues must be sent to macman.

“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves” - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

Welcome to the piggies CWR!

jtakeman said:
caledoniacars said:

Sounds like we have another piggy here! Don't forget to send macman the monthly dues(jk) :lol:

Anymore piggies out there?

I really think we need to add the levels. Get some more piggies and piglets in the group!

sig updated and getting ready to put the check in the mail!! Thanks! :)

Request for admission to the Pellet Pig Club.

I have (266 bags 262 bags LGs 2 bags Oakies, 2 bags Barefoot) 5.32 tons of pellets and two egg laying chickens in my garage.

I believe that a technicality must be applied in my case.

The bulk of my pellets arrived on 22 November so my admission must be for next year (tomorrow) because that will be the first frost (hard to tell with all the new snow falling) in 2010.

I am lead to believe that my level will be hogzilla I'll try to improve my piggishness during this coming year to attain a level 1 designation.

OK OK....I'm here. Just having a little new years dinner and some beverages.

Yes, don't forget the dues!!! There are many wanna-be piggies out there that haven't coughed up the loot......er, ah, I mean the dues yet. And VP Eric at Kinsman is getting impatient.....he gets that way when the frig in the back of the store runs low on Bud Light.

Just send me $50 cash, and everything will be fine.

(pssst....Jay.....talk quietly so no one can hear us......I'll send you your cut of the "take" as soon as Canada Clinker, Smokey, and his son Littlesmokey send their dues in....LOL...I suckered them into thinking it was $75.....LOL. Boy, I'm glad nobody can hear us!!)

SmokeyTheBear said:
Request for admission to the Pellet Pig Club.

I have (266 bags 262 bags LGs 2 bags Oakies, 2 bags Barefoot) 5.32 tons of pellets and two egg laying chickens in my garage.

I believe that a technicality must be applied in my case.

The bulk of my pellets arrived on 22 November so my admission must be for next year (tomorrow) because that will be the first frost (hard to tell with all the new snow falling) in 2010.

I am lead to believe that my level will be hogzilla I'll try to improve my piggishness during this coming year to attain a level 1 designation.

A bear in the piggies club? Hmmm. Hope he doesn't like pork. Don’t forget to send macman the monthly dues(jk) :cheese:

Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club….OINK OINK!! "hogzilla"

Welcome to the piggies SmokeyTheBear! Glad to have you aboard my friend!

macman said:
OK OK....I'm here. Just having a little new years dinner and some beverages.

Yes, don't forget the dues!!! There are many wanna-be piggies out there that haven't coughed up the loot......er, ah, I mean the dues yet. And VP Eric at Kinsman is getting impatient.....he gets that way when the frig in the back of the store runs low on Bud Light.

Just send me $50 cash, and everything will be fine.

(pssst....Jay.....talk quietly so no one can hear us......I'll send you your cut of the "take" as soon as Canada Clinker, Smokey, and his son Littlesmokey send their dues in....LOL...I suckered them into thinking it was $75.....LOL. Boy, I'm glad nobody can hear us!!)

Ah macman's back. They have been keeping me busy. I can go have my beverage now.

(psst....mac.... gotcha, having a bear in the piggies club's making me nervious. glad your back they been coming out of the woodwork tonight. check your pm for my addy to send my cut.)

Ok...Signature's updated. Hey Macman, instead of cash hows I send you a couple bags of Bayou SUPER Premium pellet? I won't be needing them.

Chan

CWR said:
....Hey Macman, instead of cash hows I send you a couple bags of Bayou SUPER Premium pellet? I won't be needing them.

Uh, how do I say this......NO! %-P

Cash is Good! :cheese:

LOL! I don't blame you. I may use them if I get stuck in the snow. They're certainly not too good for heating :)

Have a great New Years....Gotta go to bed. Why am I up reading these forums?

Chan

CWR said:
Ok...Signature's updated. Hey Macman, instead of cash hows I send you a couple bags of Bayou SUPER Premium pellet? I won't be needing them.

Chan

macman may pass them up, But this piggy never lets pellets get away. Well cheap ones anyway. Maybe we can make a deal? I like cheap pellets and they burned OK in my Omega. I haven't found much that didn't burn and throw heat. Except for those inferno's anyway.

Can we have more than one pellet pig member level?

This way we could have more pellet pigs. And we all can feel proud of our Oink Oink level.

5 levels of status. 1 being the highest. We also need to name the levels and require tonage to achieve that level. We now have HOGZILLA thanks to macman.
Can these be backdated?

This is just a rough start if we can go further!

Level 1= more than 8 tons

Level 2= 5.1 to 8 tons (hogzilla)

Level 3= 3.5 to 5 tons

Level 4= 2.1 to 3.4 tons

Level 5= 1.5 to 2 tons

Please cast your vote.

Thanks
jay

Paul, you tryin to ressurect the dead?

While we're in the wayback machine.......
Maybe we need a new label for Supreme Hogzilla.
Just call it OMV...

Paul, you tryin to ressurect the dead?

While we're in the wayback machine.......
Maybe we need a new label for Supreme Hogzilla.
Just call it OMV...
Nope. Saw that as the first open subject in all of my forums. I responded before noticing this was from back in the day. Although I would have been a level 2 without even having burned a single pellet!

but i just pulled an " iron pony " ==c
That was ur truckload, right? Get it yet? You're going to need to move out soon to make room for all your pellets. Seen that show on tv about hoarders, you'll be like a pellet hoarder!

OMV is going to be the first one featured on Hoarding No More Room to air on a cable channel close to you after the beginning of the year.

OMV is going to be the first one featured on Hoarding No More Room to air on a cable channel close to you after the beginning of the year.
At least it's not a bunch of useless crap! So when we have an intervention we can all go over and help him with his problem and get rid of his stash for his own good. We'll get him back on the road to recovery. Dibs on the Somersets!!!

That was ur truckload, right? Get it yet? You're going to need to move out soon to make room for all your pellets. Seen that show on tv about hoarders, you'll be like a pellet hoarder

OMV is going to be the first one featured on Hoarding No More Room to air on a cable channel close to you after the beginning of the year

Funny this must be a common thought........Saw the same thing in another thread!

At least it's not a bunch of useless crap! So when we have an intervention we can all go over and help him with his problem and get rid of his stash for his own good. We'll get him back on the road to recovery. Dibs on the Somersets!!!
I think any of us will be hard pressed to get past the perimeter...Apparently jtakeman and co already tried to do it in disguise

You can likely pay him a visit even now and offer to take some 'sets for a price. OMV has been known to sell some of what he has purchased in large quantity. Remember all is fair in love and pellet pig wars.

You've got to get root'n in the pellets or you'll be cold in the middle of heating season.

Now what is the boy scout motto? Oh yeah, "Don't let the pigs get between you and the pellets."

I am a level 3. Wish i was a level 1. This is one time when being 'spam' is a good thing...i wish i only had to spend 400 bucks a year to heat instead of the 800 i do...and glad i dont have the 1400 that some people do...at the approx. 215 a ton i am paying here in upstate NY (Rochester/Syracuse/Buffalo area)

Status
Not open for further replies.