1/2 cord freebie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

excessads

Burning Hunk
Feb 16, 2016
Garden State
41ecace4af5b9d30df65e76b7c86cbe3.jpg

Think they are oak, nothing beats freebie!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Owner claimed the tree been down for about a year, would you think I need another year before they are dry enough?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sweet hit, excess!

I just got home from some churchin' and scored a whole pickup load
that I didn't figure was worth posting about till seeing this thread show up. LOL

Power went out this morning while we were getting cleaned up and luckily
me n' mama drove separately. The power dudes were lopping up a dead
that fell across the road partially. Naturally I politely asks if I can toss a few chunks
in the truck. They not only said yes but a guy saw my shoulder sling and said "Lemme
help you with those longer pieces". Not bad for a 50th birthday present (yes, 9/11 ugh)

As happily typed above...Nuthin' beats free !!!! (and bucked 1-6 ft)
Mine's the standard for this area, Ash.

CheapN'Grinnin'

Sent from my Commodore 64 with dialup

Last edited:
Owner claimed the tree been down for about a year, would you think I need another year before they are dry enough?
You might want to pick up a cheap Harbor Freight moisture meter to give you a better idea, but I don't think it will be dry enough to burn well this winter. Also, it doesn't look like Oak from here but it might be something that dries quicker, like soft Maple.

Reactions: excessads
Status
Not open for further replies.