1 door mason style zc fireplace help!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrythegreat

Jan 10, 2008
canada
First time poster here so please be gentle!! I am looking at installing a fireplace in my house or else why would I be here lol. I'm sure I will have tons of questions before i make up my mind. For the moment I am looking at either a tempcast mason fireplace or a high efficiency one. I really love the performance of the tempcast but cost will probably keep me away. Another thing I like about the tempcast is the square type window door

My first question is, is there a high efficiency fireplace that has a 1 door squarer type such as the tempcast?

thank you

It might come down to "looks" or heat, given a tight budget. At the end I think it may be a case of bite the bullet and go for a masonry heater or go freestanding and install a nice hearth.

BeGreen said:
It might come down to "looks" or heat, given a tight budget. Either bite the bullet and go for a masonry heater or go freestanding and install a nice hearth.

so what your saying is that there isnt a fireplace that has a 1 door similar to thempcast?

Not similar and cheaper that I know of. I think of a masonry stove as a long term investment, like a well.

There are several zero-clearance fireplaces if that would work for you. For square doors maybe Kozy Heat? They make both ZC and masonry models.
http://www.kozyheat.com/

Jimbob said:
gerrythegreat said:
BeGreen said:
It might come down to "looks" or heat, given a tight budget. Either bite the bullet and go for a masonry heater or go freestanding and install a nice hearth.

so what your saying is that there isnt a fireplace that has a 1 door similar to thempcast?

How about this:
http://www.securitychimneys.com/pages/fireplace/high_BisPanorama.asp?country=ca

that is the look I am looking for but I m afraid this one woudnt generate enough heat :(

thanx

gerrythegreat said:
Jimbob said:
gerrythegreat said:
BeGreen said:

How about this:
http://www.securitychimneys.com/pages/fireplace/high_BisPanorama.asp?country=ca

that is the look I am looking for but I m afraid this one woudnt generate enough heat :(

thanx

At 3.6 cu.ft., it's a pretty serious heater, and it can be tied into your forced air heating system.
It's probably the closest thing you are going to find to what you are looking for...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.