1' on the ground and getting very cold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooscooter

Nov 30, 2010
Spokane, WA
The Inland Northwest is in the middle of a big winter storm. Here in Spokane we have about 12" on the ground since 5am and expecting 4 to 6 more before we clear up and get cold. The forecast is for below zero temps by tomorrow night....possibly as low as 10 below.

To all in our area....be safe and stay warm

Rooscooter said:
The Inland Northwest is in the middle of a big winter storm. Here in Spokane we have about 12" on the ground since 5am and expecting 4 to 6 more before we clear up and get cold. The forecast is for below zero temps by tomorrow night....possibly as low as 10 below.

To all in our area....be safe and stay warm
Sounds like time to kick it up a notch. Good luck, be safe, stay warm.

Rooscooter,

Batten down the hatches and crank them stoves up a notch or 2 whilest you still have power. We had ours early in the week. Snow wasn't the big issue, The dang winds howled for 2 days.

Hope all stay safe and warm!

I'm going to DEFCON 3 (stoves set on 3). My house has a NG fueled back-up generator so power loss shouldn't be a problem. Will be staging 4 or 5 bags per stove tonight. Right now I'm going back out for round 3 of snow blowing.....yea!

Wow - NOAA predicting -4 for you folks Thursday night. Might need to go to DEFCON 4 or 5. Getting a break here in the Midwest. Calling for 63 (& rain) on Friday...I will be at a short-lived DEFCON 0...

m159267 said:
Wow - NOAA predicting -4 for you folks Thursday night. Might need to go to DEFCON 4 or 5. Getting a break here in the Midwest. Calling for 63 (& rain) on Friday...I will be at a short-lived DEFCON 0...

Just blew another 4" off the driveway. If -4 is right I will have to go to DEFCON 4 at least!! The good news for us is that this isn't supposed to last more than a few days and we will be back up in the upper 30's to low 40's. Bad news is that what we have now you will have in 3 or 4 days in the Midwest : (

Well the snow flew fast and furious yesterday and last night. At my house I measured around 15" in the middle of the yard. The official at the airport was about 11".

Now for the wind and cold....it's supposed to be between 0° and -4° tonight and tomorrow night.

Here are a couple of photos of our neighborhood. This is the second time this year this has happened.

Attachments

• DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC_0044.jpg
    DSC_0044.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0042.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 199
BTU said:
j-takeman said:
Sure looks pretty, Except now my back is hurting just looking at all that white stuff!

MY GAWD...there was actual SNOW here in Phoenix this afternoon.....keep this up and I might to even use my own products.......................................................

(It didn't stick....but still......the natives get very very restless here if the temps dip under 60....brrrrrrrrrrrrr)

A friend from work is out in Az. I paid him to bring you some New England weather. :)

Maybe BTU should think about installing a pellet stove! :cheese:

Didn't last year you were living in NH, BTU?, weird how you moved to a "retirement" area so quickly being a pellet distributor, maybe since pellet's became the "new gold" and were over $200 a ton you became "rich"?

Maybe what I'm drinking?, i swear you were from N.H, ?

Status
Not open for further replies.