10 ton manual splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sepulvd

Dec 27, 2014
Oak harbor, wa
Trying to get more infor on this splitter. Doea anyone know where i can buy the frame or ideas how to make a custom one. 53472d8553fc5615599cadb20e78de56.jpg

Never used one of those. Heard they are extremely slow to use. Maybe a better idea to get fiskars, or electric splitter

save your money, unless your doctor is prescribing a cardio vascular work out, even cheaper a sledge and some wedges.

I hear they can be hard to start on a cold winter morning unless you lube them with lots of hot coffee... :p

On where to buy a complete splitter - Harbor Freight has them for $95 OTD w/ coupon.

I had one. I paid $82 at HF. It is a good workout. I split a lot of wood. Some were quite a bit in excess of the 6. 5 recommended max. After a year or so it was completely mangled. I had to make it a sculpture out in the field behind the auxiliary shed.

Now I have a five ton electric from HF. It cost $249 with the coupon. If I had to redo it I would have got the electric one a lot sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.