1200i insert feed system fails to start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmei007

Nov 12, 2007
Boston MA
My Quadra Fire 1200i insert fails to start after two years' sleep. It seems the motor is not started because there is no noise from there when the heat is called. We bought the stove new in 2008 and it worked fine two years ago. It was cleaned and then sits there for 2 years.

After read the manual, I would like to check the snap disc #2. Can anybody tell me how to tell that disc is failed or not? And I cannot find that snap disc. Do I need to open the rear box?

thanks,

Last edited:
I found the reason. The exhaust pipe was blocked with ashes. When you clean your pipe, you have to knock the liner hard enough otherwise they will come down eventually. Keep warm.

Reactions: SwineFlue
Yep. 80% of my service calls on Quadrafires are because they are dirty, not broken. Glad you figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.