@#@$@@#$@$!!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
Another dud for us here in west mass.... 6-10inches my arse!!!! More like 3-6!!! Why cant we get one good 2-3 day storm with at least 15-20 inches of snow!!!!!!! please gimme a Nor' easter
evrybody gets them but us!!!!
i don't wanna relocate but geez am i ever gonna have a winter like little house on the prairie????
I wanna use my honda snowblower and say wow thats a lot of snow!!!
freaking global warming

Thanks for letting me vent

I don't know about you, but so far this global warming thing has been a real letdown. I paid for it, now give me my global warming!

We already set a record for snow fall, and I don't think its over.

Something's better than nothing!

Watch a 24 hr video loop of the storm system and pay attention to Western Virginia. The system literally split in half at the VA line, with rain going south and snow going north and we got squat. Always funny to watch the local weather men and women today trying to explain how they missed it so bad - of course these are the same folks that get excited over a chance of flurries, but per an earlier post I made regarding our lack of winters recently in VA, I guess I can't blame them.

Got to work at 5:30 am this morning , jumped on tractor [ John Deere 325, 48 inch plow ] PLOWED UNTIL 9:30 AM . Got off to let clothes dry off [ Carhart jacket and pants ] .Got back on tractor at 11: 00 am , plowed until noon. Got off to eat lunch. Back on tractor at 12:45 pm , plowed until 2:00 pm. You can shove this snow up your a--- . I'm tired of it. Oh PS got home at 2:15 pm , and I got to push more snow at my house for another hour.

Not to disagreeable with anyones beliefs but with it being so hard to accurately predict the weather 24-26hrs away I'm a little skeptical about the looming warming crises.

I see the same groups that advocated the snail darter, spotted owl, old growth forests...that eventually burnt to the ground because of lack of management...you fill in the blanks....the same actors different play.

Anyone remember the coming ice age in the 70's? Well cause of the lack of the WWW that's a little hard to prove now but they were talking about it.

We got 9" in Holden, MA. I too am anxiously waiting for the 24"+ blizzard that never seems to arrive.

As for global warming: In my opinion, this is nothing other than a scheme for a massive power grab. Take a look at this link, which documents how the media and some people who call themselves scientists over the past 100 years have barked about global cooling, then warming, then cooling, now it's warming.

http://www.businessandmedia.org/specialreports/2006/fireandice/fireandice_execsum.asp

Take note how these people are now beginning to introduce "climate change" to protect themselves for the event that the trend swings back to a period of cooling. If they can convince governments to implement these changes, then cash and influence flows in their direction.

Here's a link to another article where a large number of scientists, irritated at how Gore is claiming that there is a "consensus" of scientists relative to global warming, have gone on record to say that they don't agree with it, and that there is no consensus.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/1041

savageactor7 said:
Not to disagreeable with anyones beliefs but with it being so hard to accurately predict the weather 24-26hrs away I'm a little skeptical about the looming warming crises.

I see the same groups that advocated the snail darter, spotted owl, old growth forests...that eventually burnt to the ground because of lack of management...you fill in the blanks....the same actors different play.

Anyone remember the coming ice age in the 70's? Well cause of the lack of the WWW that's a little hard to prove now but they were talking about it.
Yes they were talking about it and with good reason, historically speaking we're getting on due for an ice age. So it's late by a thousand or so years, in the big scheme of climate, so what? Interesting link regarding those discussions in that era. http://global-warming.accuweather.com/2008/02/survey_says_70s_global_cooling_1.html As far as global warming goes, if you are skeptical, find me credible 100 year global temperature data that supports your skepticism. Every source I have ever been able to find shows a general warming trend. It's just the reason why that is so much up for debate, but greenhouse effect seems the most plausible and data supported theory we have, ie: correlation between CO2 levels and global temperatures.

<<<but with it being so hard to accurately predict the weather 24-26hrs away>>>

The Weather Bureau employes fiction writers! ;-)

When I was still a young boy we were told we would only need sweaters during the winter by the year 2000. About 10 years later they were telling us our area would be covered by a giant iceberg by the year 2000. Definitely in the 1970's we were headed for an ice age and even Lake Superior froze over completely to prove it!! Now we are back to the warming part....but it is past the year 2000.

I definitely have seen some big changes here in Michigan since the late 1970's and it has all been warming trends and less snowfall...with a few exceptions naturally. Guess we'll just have to take what we get and adjust to it.

Anyone that's been around for awhile will verify how much cleaner the air and water is now compared to 10-20-30 years ago.

With that in mind I'm more inclined to think the earths orbit around the sun coupled with the solar cycle (flaring up) has more influence on the weather than humanity...

...records have shown at least 7 previous ice age periods. If anything our presence here has deterred another ice age in part to atmospheric discharges.

Just say'en...I'd rather take my chances with a warming world than a cooling one.

If these so called experts weren't so quick to stifle, censor, and cut off the funds of those 'real' scientists that dispute the global warming agenda they might be more credible.

Some would say those self appointed 'experts' like el Gore are fear mongers that want to create a crisis that only they can lead us out of...

...others argue they are frustrated graduated academicians with no contributorily market place skills that are fishing for grants so they can do their own thing...an extended graduate school if you would where there in charge. That's why it's so important that they censure via 'political correctness' any serious opposing views.

Status
Not open for further replies.