14 month old stove and on my third igniter.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the pony boy

Nov 5, 2011
putnam ny
came home today to a cold house and a bad igniter in the stove again. i do run the stove on the on/off setting so im sure this cuts the life down a bit but 6-7 months seems a bit low. is this normal? phil

At this time of the year, you probably should be on Hi-Lo anyway, but that DOES seem too fast for the ignitor to go out. How many times a day is the stove re-starting?

Maybe give Mike H. at Englander a call next week and run it by him.

came home today to a cold house and a bad igniter in the stove again. i do run the stove on the on/off setting so im sure this cuts the life down a bit but 6-7 months seems a bit low. is this normal? phil
Did you try upgrading to a super igniter, much more beefy than the OEM. I used in my Whitfields, worked well:cool:

came home today to a cold house and a bad igniter in the stove again. i do run the stove on the on/off setting so i am sure this cuts the life down a bit but 6-7 months seems a bit low. is this normal? phil

Does your T-Stat have a Swing setting so it works with a wood pellet stove?

never heard of a beefier igniter. the first one was a warantied replacement. i have it on 2 degree swing. thats as high as it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.