$185 green cord

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsquini

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2009
North Shore, MA
I don't really need the wood but a guy in my town was selling a green cord of wood for$185. Typically, a green cord goes for $225. A so called seasoned cord goes for $325. I couldn't pass up the deal and bought a few cords. Just I might be able to take a year off from splitting.

I've been looking at a sign near where I work the guy no longer burns wood and has 10 cord of 3 and 4 year seasoned firewood for $275/cord.
I know, even if I didn't want to keep it, I could easily resell it at $325/cord in 3 months.

I found a guy out my way selling for same price. I'm getting cords of oak rounds for $135. Your $185 is a nice deal. $220 per cord was the last price I paid for split a few years ago. Just inside 495.

Excellent! Set it aside and let it season. Did you mention the species of the cords?

Funny how different places can have such varied pricing. I don't even consider $185 to be a good price. This guy was selling cords for $150 last year but jacked them up this year! You do have to buy 3 cords for free delivery, but 50 miles covers everything north of downtown Atlanta. It's almost not worth my time to scrounge @ $165/cord.

upload_2015-10-15_14-7-42.png

Status
Not open for further replies.