1930s multifuel stove ....help required:)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fluffypinkmonster

Aug 28, 2018
Manchester, UK
hi, I’m a newbie so here goes!
I have a 1930s Rosieres Flamor 311 , it’s pipe is 3.75 , and I’m fitting it into fireplace in a 1890s brick house. I found the fireplace and hearth behind a wall and had its chimney cleaned ready but now I’m stuck. Do I need to get 4 inch stove pipes or will I Need an increaser? I’m ready to order reg plate and all bits but because of size I’m stuck and all registered fitters don’t want to know because I already own my stove. Winters coming here and I’m desperate to get this sorted out , please can someone let me know what I need to buy to get this done ?
Thanks

Attachments

• 67ACF3A6-8A0F-4B23-8350-B8A346470750.png
    67ACF3A6-8A0F-4B23-8350-B8A346470750.png
    615.3 KB · Views: 240
If the flue collar outlet is 3.75" then I'd use a 100mm, stainless all fuel liner. There will need to an adapter for the stove to connect the liner. Not sure what's available on your side of the pond. It looks like there are online shops for this like flue direct and stovesonline, but I would suggest finding a good certified sweep that knows their materials. Discuss the installation with them. It could save you in the long run.

If the flue collar outlet is 3.75" then I'd use a 100mm, stainless all fuel liner. There will need to an adapter for the stove to connect the liner. Not sure what's available on your side of the pond. It looks like there are online shops for this like flue direct and stovesonline, but I would suggest finding a good certified sweep that knows their materials. Discuss the installation with them. It could save you in the long run.
Hi, thanks for the advice! Absolute hero!
When you say adapter do you mean an angled adapter or size?
I intend to get a Heta qualified sweep to come in and certify it before I use it as it’s not allowed here unless you do, I was going for the vitreous pipes as they seem more readily available in this size...not sure why :)
Is there some sort of heat resistant tape I can use at the flue collar outlet to stop any running?
I’ve heard that stinky stuff runs from this bit of pipe.....

If this is fitted into a fireplace and the liner is run up the chimney then stainless steel should be used for the chimney liner. I don't think vitreous pipe is not for this application. Your HETA installer can verify. They may have an alternative like a rigid stainless liner. Flue Direct sells 100mm liner. There will need to be an adapter collar to go from the flexible liner to the stove. There is no heat resistant tape that is made to for the heat created at the flue collar. The adapter should fit snugly. If there is a gap it should be filled with stove cement or thin stove gasket material.

Reactions: Fluffypinkmonster
If this is fitted into a fireplace and the liner is run up the chimney then stainless steel should be used for the chimney liner. I don't think vitreous pipe is not for this application. Your HETA installer can verify. They may have an alternative like a rigid stainless liner. Flue Direct sells 100mm liner. There will need to be an adapter collar to go from the flexible liner to the stove. There is no heat resistant tape that is made to for the heat created at the flue collar. The adapter should fit snugly. If there is a gap it should be filled with stove cement or thin stove gasket material.
There isn’t a chimney liner in place and last year the sweep said it wasn’t necessary for what I had? Hmm so much to know.....thanks again:)