jadams92 Posted By jadams92, May 7, 2019 at 4:38 PM

1. jadams92

jadams92
    New Member 2.
    NULL

May 7, 2019
    Loc:
    Indiana
    I bought a house a couple of years ago with a wood furnace in the garage. I have used it once and probably won't use it again. What would it be worth?

2. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    At that age, maybe not much more than scrap steel value

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jadams92

jadams92
    New Member 2.
    NULL

May 7, 2019
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Here are a few photos.

Attached Files:

4. bholler

bholler
    Chimney sweep 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Loc:
    central pa
    It doesn't look like it was used much it is probably worth a few hundred. By the way there is not much of anything that meets minimum code about that install

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Yes, the pictures help. If the firebox inside is in as good shape then it may make someone a decent shop heater, so I would say $250-350 is fair.

6. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Yeah that's probably about it though...would be worth that much to me to leave it installed as a heater in its existing shop...with some clearance/install tweaks as needed...some insulation in the building would make the furnace a lot more effective too...

7. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Installed in a garage like that it would not have passed inspection on sale here.