1980's Energy Tech Wood Furnace

jadams92

May 7, 2019
Indiana
I bought a house a couple of years ago with a wood furnace in the garage. I have used it once and probably won't use it again. What would it be worth?

Reactions: Dj1969

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
At that age, maybe not much more than scrap steel value

bholler

Chimney sweep
Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
central pa
It doesn't look like it was used much it is probably worth a few hundred. By the way there is not much of anything that meets minimum code about that install

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Yes, the pictures help. If the firebox inside is in as good shape then it may make someone a decent shop heater, so I would say $250-350 is fair.

brenndatomu

Minister of Fire
Aug 21, 2013
NE Ohio
so I would say $250-350 is fair.
Yeah that's probably about it though...would be worth that much to me to leave it installed as a heater in its existing shop...with some clearance/install tweaks as needed...some insulation in the building would make the furnace a lot more effective too...

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Installed in a garage like that it would not have passed inspection on sale here.

torokfam

Nov 19, 2019
NE MI
jadams92 I have the same stove and heat my home with it. Have a question of you and started an conversation....hope you see this....Thanks Mike

Reactions: Dj1969

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
I have similar type of wood furnace made in Kaukauna WI in my garage (Kaukauna Freedom Furnace) . Works great for heating the garage as the fans move the heat around the garage. That said if my garage burns down due to it, my insurance will not cover the loss. I just run it when I need it and make sure any flammables are sitting outside door. I don't leave it unattended. My guess on yours is that it a bottom grate design, not very efficient but put the heat out.

Dj1969

Mar 25, 2020
Ky
I bought a house a couple of years ago with a wood furnace in the garage. I have used it once and probably won't use it again. What would it be worth?
Do you still have owners manual and stove I would like to buy . 1 502 553 4144 Thanks DJ

Dj1969

Mar 25, 2020
Ky
jadams92 I have the same stove and heat my home with it. Have a question of you and started an conversation....hope you see this....Thanks Mike
Do you have manual ? My stove is a boiler . I would like to know how may btu s are they rated at ? I have no info on these , but have been using it for over 20 yrs . Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks dj