1982 WoodStock Classic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
There is an older WoodStock Classic for sale near me. ($650) Going by the pictures, it looks like it’s in great condition. The seller claims to be the original owner.
I’m on my dough low right now, but I’d love to make an offer..

Any thoughts on this stove from that era, and the price???

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/grd/d/birmingham-wood-stove-classic-soap-stone/6793503191.html
That is way to much money for a 35+ year old stove. It is a very old and inneficent stove nothing like the new ones on the inside.

Good point.
And it is heavy as hell that alone would knock $100 off the price unless they were delivering it. To me the price should be around 300

Reactions: TWilk117
That’s what I was thinking. Maybe 350.
I offered him some trade ideas. He wants cash. I’ll see if it’s still around in spring if I can’t come up with some money.
And it is heavy as hell that alone would knock $100 off the price unless they were delivering it. To me the price should be around 300

That’s what I was thinking. Maybe 350.
I offered him some trade ideas. He wants cash. I’ll see if it’s still around in spring if I can’t come up with some money.
Start saving and buy a modern stove coming spring when they are on sale again. Efficiency will be a lot better.