1993 Austroflamm still awesome and problem free!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mountaingal

Nov 5, 2017
Dalton, Ma.
image (1).jpg

Reactions: Mt Bob
They are as Bob said a workhorse.
Late last season I ran into an issue of stove combustion fan surging and just plain poor heating performance. This summer I pulled stove completely apart even taking out the heat exchange tubes for cleaning.
Started up stove this season and problem persisted, changed out both high and low limit switches and air sensor etc since I have only replaced high limit in 6 years. Problem persisted, Since my chimney is 714 feet above sea level the wife would not let me go up to roof to clean flue, although I had cleaned from below up to 12 feet. My exhaust is almost 24 feet in height. Chimney sweep came in and found about 4 inches of caked "stuff" at top and if you touched it it crumbled at the touch.

Stove runs now like it is supposed to and a pleasant 72 degrees on low medium setting

Reactions: Mt Bob
Dependable little fella - It belonged to my Dad and he never had a problem with it. It's been moved into another structure and still it really blows some heat. I admittedly had to have the fan replaced. The stove is ventilated straight through the wall tho - only a little ash will accumulate - easy to whisk out.