1997 Englander 24 ACD(NIB) Worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattg1970

Apr 14, 2007
I am trying to find out how much a 1997 Englander 24 ACD that has never been used is worth? Have there been alot of changes with Cat stoves over the last 10 years? I burned wood before but the stove was from the 70s and I don't know much about Cat stoves. Any advice is appreciated.

you are in luck one of are forum members burns that very stove he has had years of good experiences with it and is even still using the original cat combustor and its 13 years old
He also happens to work for Englander Mike stove BB can you PM mike to address this stove and post.. All accounts all are pleased with this stove, not one negative post to report.

I add, that 1997 is still modern enought for Cat combustor technology. In this case it was engineered within the stove, not the add on cats of the 80's

Just asking what is the cost of the stove?

Calling mike to the infomation booth

The stove is for sale for $300.00 I want to know if it is a good deal or not? I plan on buying a used stove in that price range and want to know if there are any other brands I should look for?

$300 for it would be a great deal. Problem is somebody has already bid it up to $360 with two hours left so heaven only knows what it will go for at the end of the eBay auction.

I would give five hundred for it in a heartbeat but MA is too far away.

in 1997 that unit would have retailed at home depot for 799.00 during season, if its brand new in box i'd say its worth that much today as it wouldnt have fallen apart just sitting there waiting, at 300.00 i'd grab it up , i have a 1993 version here at home and its been flawless.

edit , sorry i took so long posting , just got back from ohio on vacation, froze my butt off, came home an hour ago , still freezing my butt off , but about to fire up and warm the house

Status
Not open for further replies.