Englander 24-ACD What size catalytic combustor do I need?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jaykay

Nov 21, 2022
Virginia
Englander 24-ACD/50-SHW24

Manual says 1inch and 3 inch. The housing unit I ordered is apparently 2 inches. Was able to find one to be delivered here on Tuesday. Without the housing unit, it measures 2inches tall inside the stove. I’d imagine it’d be 3 inches? But maybe I’m wrong.
I’m going to double check and measure the housing unit when it comes.

This was asked a couple weeks ago. I think that unit takes the 3" combustor.

Reactions: jaykay

Reactions: jaykay

Sounds like I need the 3inch. We can’t measure the old since previous owners removed.

This was asked a couple weeks ago. I think that unit takes the 3" combustor.
Confused by what I’m reading in the manual and what I’m measuring. I got the housing unit today and I guess technically if I measured all the way to the little legs, it’d be 3 inches. But the interior where the combustor sits is only 2 inches? Is it supposed to be higher than the housing unit?

2F6F286F-E93E-4752-8FF8-46BCF465E67A.jpeg BD979407-1F76-4EFF-B3A1-9CE6C37F3239.jpeg