What’s causing this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The cat alone will help some with cleaning up the exhaust. but you will actually have lower exhaust temps possibly making draft even worse
Oh yeah. We closed the bypass damper back when experimenting and it brought the magnet down low but the stove wasn’t getting very hot either. It’s going to be really interesting to see.
Out of curiosity , you have a rough estimate of how much a stainless steel liner is to install? I know it’s probably hard to estimate

Also by draft? You’re talking the cool temperature right and the potential for build up? Because our draft is amazing with this thing in terms of getting smoke out the chimney.

Sorry for all the questions. My husband and I have never had this issue before but we’ve never been in a situation with a cat stove and a home where people cut corners 😩