1st post, looking for a new stove to replace st croix Prescott exp, one with same exhaust port dimensions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

somacoma

Nov 20, 2022
Maine
Hi, is my first post on hearth.com I just registered and thought maybe someone might know the answer, I have a Prescott exp that I bought over the summer used, I replaced the burn plate weldment and the Shaker plate, and also just replaced the versa grate motor. The one that was in there was not working so I bought a new one installed it thoroughly cleaned all areas and lubricated with high temp anti-seize it was working for a day and now it stopped. This is the older model that does not have the ash clean out trap behind the Ash pan. I wanted to have the versa grate system 100% because I wanted to be able to trust the stove enough to leave it running all night while I was at work. But at this point I think I just want to buy a new stove maybe another St Croix or Harmon etc. My question to the community does anybody know a stove that has the same exhaust Port dimensions that would be a direct fit for the St Croix Prescott EXP. As I had it installed over the summer and it's a kitty corner install that was custom to the spot I wanted it in. And I'm trying to avoid paying another $700. If anybody has any idea that would be appreciated thanks